JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at options to mount a Holosun red dot on my Mossberg 590, and found the Monstrum mount. It is very inexpensive, almost too much so. I wanted to check and see if anyone here has had experience with their products. Experience with their 590 red dot mount would be great, but I want to get a feeling for their product quality in general too.

Thank you!

I've used there pic rails on a few 10/22s and bolt actions. Zero issues. Bought one of there little mlok flashlights to try. Works as advertised. That's the extent of their use.

I think I may give it a try. For what it is, as long as it mounts solidly, it should be fine. Thanks for the input
What kind of mount are you after, I have a spare (I think) that you can simply have if it fits your project idea. I can send a picture of it later today after work if you PM me your cell number.

I'm mounting a Holosun red dot onto my Mossberg 590. looking at this offering from Monstrum:

ZS131R-angle__20582.1644707668[1].png

my concern was with correctly spaced mounting holes and mount pattern for red dot. I have seen some "cheap/inexpensive" stuff that was not dimensionally correct in the past.

my concern was with correctly spaced mounting holes and mount pattern for red dot. I have seen some "cheap/inexpensive" stuff that was not dimensionally correct in the past.
I've bought 4-6 off there optics rails. Never once was the hole spacing incorrect.

If it is bought through Amazon, you can always just return it.

I'm looking at options to mount a Holosun red dot on my Mossberg 590, and found the Monstrum mount. It is very inexpensive, almost too much so. I wanted to check and see if anyone here has had experience with their products. Experience with their 590 red dot mount would be great, but I want to get a feeling for their product quality in general too.

Thank you!
I have the Monstrum pic rail on my Shockwave (it has a pistol brace). I have a TLR-2 G HL mounted on it.

I have not put a lot of rounds thru the gun, but so far no problems and I have shot the gun with 3" magnum buckshot (and believe me, that is about double the recoil of the 2.75" buckshot).

I have the Monstrum pic rail on my Shockwave (it has a pistol brace). I have a TLR-2 G HL mounted on it.

I have not put a lot of rounds thru the gun, but so far no problems and I have shot the gun with 3" magnum buckshot (and believe me, that is about double the recoil of the 2.75" buckshot).
Good fit and finish?

I use monstrum all over. Cantilever scope mounts, red dot risers and scout light mounts. Fit and finish is high precision and an excellent option, IMHO.

I own several higher end kit (aka spendy as hell) and I really don't see any demonstratable difference in fit or performance. I certinly have no hesitation buying from them again.

I have their pic rail/shell holder on my shockwave, works fine. Picked up their prism sight and a couple LPVOs as placeholders until I can save up for proper optics. They hold zero, but lens clarity and overall build quality aren't great. IMO that is acceptable for the price point they are at. If you have a cheaper rifle and want to run a barebones optic that will hold zero but you won't cry if it breaks, they're a good option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top