JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So does anyone on this forum have a nickel boron bolt assembly for their AR15, and if so, was it worth the money??? Likewise for stuff like titanium firing pins and whatnot. I know it's a cool concept having exotic alloy parts, but is it worth the extra dough, and is there a noticeable difference in function and reliability?

Its just for show if you dont shoot the rifle. If you actually use it then the Nickel Boron actually makes it far easier to clean. Carbon and crud wipe off and it protects the bolt and carrier from wear. You need to actually shoot it to have any benefit though. (thousands of rounds, not hundreds)

I have a NiB bcg in my 24in rifle. It stained after the 3 trips to the range. Now it just looks dirty all the time. Doesn't make a difference on use.

NiB isn't as porous, thus doesn't need as much lubrication, but it doesn't hold lube well either.
The standard stuff has worked for 50 years with no issues

I like dressup! Get some!
15009370360_4e4d5cc90a_c.jpg

Yah same concept as nib. I just like the slick feel and it makes it "alittle" easier to clean And no staining

But i say why not when you can get a quality nitride bcg from aimsurplus for under 90. They stand behind thier products. I plan on ordering a second i like it so much. Performs same as my spikes bcg.

palmettostatearmory also has thier premium bcg on sale this weekend for 70. If you want "mil spec" i would jump all over that. Nothing flashy but has all the things ppl "say" you need in a bcg.

Last Edited:
I've got a NiB BCG and like the other poster, mine stained after the first outing. Looks dirty all the time now. I've tried everything to clean it from brake cleaner to ultrasonic cleaning. Doesn't do a thing.
My hard chrome BCG, now that's easy to clean. Just wipe it off and it looks like new.
Mine is a Young Manufacturing.

Mine stained too. It is a little easier to clean, but not really worth the extra money. Good this is now you can get NiB for about the same price as the normal ones. It still looks cooler ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top