Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anybody have an extra Gen 4 G17 recoil spring?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by bruzer, Jun 8, 2011.

1. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

OK here is my problem. Yesterday while shooting 9mm out of a Gen 4 Glock 22 with a conversion barrel I started getting stove pipes. At first it was only with the Wife so I figured "limp wristing". I took over and well after a few more shots it was happening to me. It is only with the Winchester White Box and does not happen with +P 9mm ammo. I like to use the cheap stuff for practice and although clearing jams is all part of the practice, it is nice for it not to happen. Hoping someone with an extra Gen 4 G17 9mm recoil spring would be gracious enough to donate to my cause. I would be happy to pay shipping. Thanks,
    Mike

2. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

How long ago did you buy this gen 4? I know the newer one's have the new improved recoil spring in it already. if it is an older gen 4, then contact your local gun store and ask them for a Free one, they get them for free from glock.
    Or contact Keith's sporting goods in Gresham, and see if he will send you one for free.

On a side note, I have had nothing but bad experiences with WWB. I have not used it for years now. I strictly use blazer brass, PMC, federal American Eagle...even federal champion is better than wwb IMHO. To each their own though.

Stay Safe.

3. bruzer

2 months ago and it has the 1-0 spring which Glock says is the correct spring for the .40. That is why I want to try the 9mm recoil spring. I know it is my own fault for using the WWB. Problems are what you get when you go cheap.
    Mike

4. nubus

nubus Guest

Actually it's working just like it should, for using 9mm in a 40.
    The newer Gen 4 has a stiffer spring like the 40 should have had all along.
    I had the exact same issue running subsonic 147grn, not the cheap stuff at all.
    I'm getting the Lone Wolf Gen 3 guide rod adapter and using a Gen 3 spring.

Guide Rod Adapter

5. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Portland, Oregon Member

Call Glock, tell them you have one of the older Gen 4 G17s and want the updated recoil spring. They never ask for a serial, they just send it.

6. bshnt2015

bshnt2015 CA & WA Member

Call them, there is a new replacement RSA for both the 9mm and 40 S&W.

7. bruzer

Called on 6-09-2011 Glock says they are out of stock awaiting a new shipment for the Gen 4 G17 recoil spring. No idea when they might get any in.
    Mike

8. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Call Keith's sporting goods in Gresham. I bet he sends one to you for Free.

Stay Safe.

9. bruzer

Stopped by the range yesterday and fed the conversion barrel more +p and even a box of the Remington Green box. Ran flawless. So my conclusion is if I run good ammo, I will get outstanding performance using the stock .40 cal recoil spring and the 40-9 conversion barrel. Feed it the WWB and get problems. Never got a 9mm recoil spring and I don't have anymore of the WWB so there is no real need for me to mess with what works. Thanks for all the replies,
    Mike