JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks @Barefootdog . Your email is quite cheering. I've never fired a shotgun. So something inexpensive to learn on would be ideal. But in #4 buck I was only finding stuff at $2 each or more before shipping. The gun store where I picked up my shotgun didn't having any #4 at all. I'd really prefer #4 buck rather than 00 for use in my neighborhood.

Have you bought from all of the vendors you mention?

Have you any experience with the ammo in theglobalordnance.com.listing?

Does any one else have experience with trueshotammo.com, globalordinance.com, or Velocity Ammo? Or with either of the two specific brands mentioned?
Never fired a shotgun? I honestly can't tell if that was sarcasm or not......if you really haven't start out with 2 3/4 birdshot 7 1/2 or 8, it's cheapest and low recoil. I'll be down that way next week I will bring you some #4 and 00. Don't pay that much for it, those prices are ridiculous!

Good rule of thumb.....they don't bother you, you don't bother them. Be aware the 3 inch #4 buck is not easy on the shoulder!
Thanks for the warning. Probably not the place for me to start this year, since I've as yet never fired a shotgun.

Never fired a shotgun? I honestly can't tell if that was sarcasm or not......if you really haven't start out with 2 3/4 birdshot 7 1/2 or 8, it's cheapest and low recoil. I'll be down that way next week I will bring you some #4 and 00. Don't pay that much for it, those prices are ridiculous!
I really haven't ever fired a shotgun. The biggest caliber rifle I ever shot was 30-30. It was a family gun. Shooting it as a kid I don't remember caring about recoil. Bought one as an adult but didn't like recoil at all. Realized later that the 30-30 I bought had no recoil pad. And as a kid I had a shooters jacket with a built in pad. The recoil of my .44 mags doesn't bother me because I've always stuck to guns 6" or longer. And they just move my hands. Very different from thumping my shoulder.

If you can get down here I'll invite you out to lunch or dinner, my expense. PM me. :)

I really haven't ever fired a shotgun. The biggest caliber rifle I ever shot was 30-30. It was a family gun. Shooting it as a kid I don't remember caring about recoil. Bought one as an adult but didn't like recoil at all. Realized later that the 30-30 I bought had no recoil pad. And as a kid I had a shooters jacket with a built in pad. The recoil of my .44 mags doesn't bother me because I've always stuck to guns 6" or longer. And they just move my hands. Very different from thumping my shoulder.

If you can get down here I'll invite you out to lunch or dinner, my expense. PM me. :)
Sounds good!

I sold mine but enjoyed it for the most part. My main issues with it were the cheap polymer used for the furniture and the unprotected front sight post. I also wish it had included a ghost ring rear as I don't like running optics on shotguns.

Compared to the M4 it feels like a toy (heck, so does the 1301) but I'm sure it's durable enough for its intended purpose. I also appreciated the MLOK slots on the handguard, it's frustrating to mount a light to the 1301 or M4.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top