JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Going to help out at our local OHA (Oregon Hunters Association) Banquet. Usually, I have a hell of a good time there. I don't spend any money, because they hire a bunch of us from a local non-profit to help out, so the core members that run the local chapter can have fun. I wish I had extra $$, cause they raffle off alot of very nice firearms. Plus, if any of you do any coyote hunting, there is a local business, Fox Grocery in Beaver, that does a contest. The most tails wins a firearm. Generally, a very nice varmint rifle of larger caliber.

Going to help out at our local OHA (Oregon Hunters Association) Banquet. Usually, I have a hell of a good time there. I don't spend any money, because they hire a bunch of us from a local non-profit to help out, so the core members that run the local chapter can have fun. I wish I had extra $$, cause they raffle off alot of very nice firearms. Plus, if any of you do any coyote hunting, there is a local business, Fox Grocery in Beaver, that does a contest. The most tails wins a firearm. Generally, a very nice varmint rifle of larger caliber.

Jim's a good egg, I've been doing business with him for for years. If he doesnt have it, he can order it for you and is a square shooter. Old school, just like his Dad, only shorter;)

Been to a bunch of OHA banquets, good times. What is the date for this years?

Jim's a good egg, I've been doing business with him for for years. If he doesnt have it, he can order it for you and is a square shooter. Old school, just like his Dad, only shorter;)

Been to a bunch of OHA banquets, good times. What is the date for this years?

tillamook's is tonight...
and yes.. jimmy is one of the best guys around
and I don't think it's the most tails wins, tho it betters your odds, just an entry per tail ive seen guys win that only turn in one.

Back when I was a full time Custom Knifemaker I donated a nice hunting knife every year for maybe 4-5 years and would of course get invited to the shindig. We always enjoyed ourselves and liked watching Olie from Olies gun shop in Salem bid what ever it took to win the knife. He has a very nice collection of them.

Great place to net work with your fellow hunter.

It seems like they have changed the tails contest again. It was a blast last night, not as big of a turnout as they would have liked. Mainly, when the economy is down most hunters do the Rocky Mtn Elk foundation. All because they kiss the big name sponsors there. cough Crossley cough And the OHA suffers for it. Even though 100% of the money stays in the state, unlike the Rocky Mtn Elk.

Yeah, Jimmy is a one of a kind guy. I've known him most my life, and I've learned how quick you don't talk about certain subjects. Besides that, he's a hell of a guy.

hehe you said the c word...
stopped going and dont donate anything to rmef.. having huge amounts of ground in montana does no good for me or oregon elk...
and as for the games ... dept of justice sets all the rules...
glad you had fun ... I went n helped set up friday night ... but no dough to go to the banquet this year.

Crossley doesn't impress me. He's just got deep pockets lined with money, and everybody kisses his ***. My family has known him forever, grew up on the same street in Bay City.

I've been helping for the last 5 or 6 years, I'm with the Outdoor School group, and I really like helping out. It's fun to watch everybody spend their dough. I wish I could afford a meal ticket and drop some tickets in to see if I could win stuff. But my first priority is helping first. Did you hear about Wayne Cook? After all the work he has put into the range, he is fighting cancer. Which sucks. Cause I really want to see the range go in.

So this banquet was yesterday? Where was it held? In which state?
Thanks for the heads-up! You posted the same day? But never even mentioned the Month or Day! Or year, previously?
If you want support you need to make an announcement not a recolection of a past event.
Of course if all the Prizes are awarded long before the drawing of the winning tickets are drawn that would be a good reason to keep the event secret.
And PPL wonder why I built my own range and distain others, common corruption would be one reason, and it would explain why my OPs are moved from Other Topics and then deleted as not suitable for the New Topic, and this has happened often.
Did I mention corruption?
Even on a petty scale, it smells

So this banquet was yesterday? Where was it held? In which state?
Thanks for the heads-up!
And PPL wonder why I built my own range

Well i would assume that the Oregon Hunters Association would be held in Oregon and since the OP is from Tillamook and he talking about his local banquet it would be somewhere on the northern Oregon coast. A little reading can answer alot of questions.

Sorry Erudne, I was just asking if anybody goes to these. I can now see a need for postings alerting people of these banquets now.

Westcoastal, hell you know me. I'm driving your guys old toyota, which I dearly love. :s0112: And I went to school with Guy. That's the thing with the internet forums, you could have neighbors on here and never know it. :wink: Your mom helped take my dad out to his cancer treatments when I couldn't. How's your mom doing through all this? I tried talking to her on Sat morning, but she didn't sound to optimistic and walked off, so I never asked any further.

As for the gun range, I really hate this town, for its stupidity. They will destroy Tillamook. We need jobs, tourism, a gun range, and anything that will bring in money, and jobs. But they just still have the good ol' boy mentality. Come visit, and get the heck out of here now!!

yeah moms having a hard time with this... outlook seems promising dads got great docs n surgeons that have high hopes... young cancer that hasnt spread anywhere yet.
that was a good little truck... I loved the turbo light... couldnt feel any difference in speed or power ... but that light would come on all the time... glad shes still goin down the road for ya

That's good to hear. I really like Wayne. I hope all goes well with all of this. When my dad was diagnosed, it was too far along, and in a bad spot.

Yeah, the turbo light is always on now. I wanted to rebuild the turbo motor, but DAMN, it cost twice as much as rebuilding a non-turbo. So, I just converted it over to a 22RE. People always give me crap about the bed on it. :s0114: But I prefer the later bed over the earlier ones.

we looked into just rebuilding it too ... expensive is right ... so bought the truck your missmatch bed came from ... and 6 months later endefd u dropping a crate 22re in it after all... I like the 2 years difference between front n back... I can always spot it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top