JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.22 WESTERN SUPER -X W.R.F HOLLOW POINTS

Photo0425.jpg

Photo0425.jpg

It's Winchester Rim Fire ammo. They still manufacture wrf but it is spendy $0.25 a round or more. My buddy used to shoot 22 LR ammo out if his WRF because the lack and cost of ammo. I would'nt say it's safe as he would split a lot of cases but in his opinion it was better than not shooting at all. Your box of ammo is collectible but not too valuable I've seen that same box of ammo sell for around $10 a box but it's a nice conversation topic.

It's Winchester Rim Fire ammo. They still manufacture wrf but it is spendy $0.25 a round or more. My buddy used to shoot 22 LR ammo out if his WRF because the lack and cost of ammo. I would'nt say it's safe as he would split a lot of cases but in his opinion it was better than not shooting at all. Your box of ammo is collectible but not too valuable I've seen that same box of ammo sell for around $10 a box but it's a nice conversation topic.

Yes, it is .22 Winchester Rim Fire caliber. It is not much more spendy than .22 Magnum (WMR), and Winchester does a batch of it every few years because of all the old pump Winchesters (M1890) out there so durable and still in use. It is a line item in Midway, showing Winchester and CCI as manufacturers at 7.99 and 12.29 a box respectively. I believe one of the foreign manufacturers load this as well: Sellior/Belliot, Aguila or Wolf.

The market for your old box of ammo would be to someone with a good old Winchester pump gun that would like a box to display with it. If it is full, it could bring probably much more than $10.

An interesting and very useful piece of information about the .22WRF, is that it is the same diameter case and bullet as a .22 Magnum (just a bit shorter in overall length). It is of greater diameter than .22 Long Rifle, hence the split cases described above and poor accuracy (a bad practice to shoot Long Rifles in a WRF or WMR chamber). However, shooting a WRF cartridge in a WMR chamber is perfectly safe and quite accurate.

I always keep a few boxes of this around to use as a "low-power" load for my .22 Magnums, resulting in less meat damage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top