JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brand new 7mm-08, fired 6 shots and the brass ejected look all good, last consecutive 12 rounds looked like this. Look at the neck of the cartridge. Ammo was rem core lokt. 140 gr 7mm-08

F44CE04D-15E2-483A-801D-B36FC0C172D9.jpeg 9B3E1149-D09E-4AE8-93B4-2A85F51F94F0.jpeg

Clean your chamber shoulder. Something is in there.

I've had some weird designs from straggler pieces of trimmings from god knows where make their way in there and was cool to look at until I realized I was abusing brass.

Nope, actual I just discovered the rifle Chamber fractured on me! Brand new Ruger m77 hawkeye. I'm so sick of all this cheap crap lately. I spent $839 on this rifle. Chamber pics to follow.

I have been shooting bolt action rifles Almost every day since I was 7 years old, not counting 10 years in the us army and never had an issue, but the last 4 years I have had 2 brand new rifles totally fail on me. Thanks to Chinese steel.

8CCA51DE-1694-40CC-836B-38F46F302574.png FF959D35-B370-41AC-B393-A29CC70BFD76.png

I have been shooting bolt action rifles Almost every day since I was 7 years old, not counting 10 years in the us army and never had an issue, but the last 4 years I have had 2 brand new rifles totally fail on me. Thanks to Chinese steel.

View attachment 719273 View attachment 719274
I have never heard of that happening on any new rifle, let alone a Ruger M77. That is not an over pressure situation, but could be someone at the plant over torqued the barrel. Or, you could be right on the cheap steel. Good luck getting it replaced. I wouldn't trust a re-barrel from the factory.

No metal shavings, And that's a carbon steel barrel, proof rounds from Ruger are tested at twice the psi of the cartridge. So around 120,00 psi for a 7mm-08. This thing was either way over torqued or Ruger is now using recycled steel from China or elsewhere overseas. I doubt over torquing would even cause this bad of a failure after a few rounds. Just plain shoddy craftsmanship and Poor quality control in my opinion. Won't ever buy Ruger again. And this was a $900 rifle. Everything is crap nowadays that was once quality. Thanks Bush and Obama.

Bore scope it, and I don't think an over torqued bbl would cause this.
And as for Ruger, they have the best customer service around. Call them up and tell them there is a problem. They will send you an RA number and fed ex label.

Wow. That's a serous failure in any event. I don't have any direction to point for fault. But I'd say you at a min should be getting a whole new firearm. I don't think I'd trust the receiver after that. If it was over torqued did it impact the receiver? I don't think I'd take the chance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top