JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Started loading...for the first time ever on with straight walled pistol cartridges. Definitely had some stuff to learn, but fairly straightforward for the most part.
I plan on starting to load rifle here soon, 223, 300 blk, and 308. Was wondering if the process is similar to anyone using a 750 like me. Or if a 650 if similar?

Started loading...for the first time ever on with straight walled pistol cartridges. Definitely had some stuff to learn, but fairly straightforward for the most part.
I plan on starting to load rifle here soon, 223, 300 blk, and 308. Was wondering if the process is similar to anyone using a 750 like me. Or if a 650 if similar?

There's PLENTY of YouTube videos comparing the 650 to the 750, they're fairly similar, but the 750 can handle .338 Winmag, and the primer system is said to be improved... which is saying a lot 'cuz the 650 works sweet.

I've got one, and just recently started reloading myself. Ran 50 rounds of 9mm through it a week ago - I was able to function check the load through two of my pistols but have not yet tested the loads for chrono or grouping yet. I had to tweak my priming system a little to get it running smooth (the bracket that holds the operating wire had to be adjusted down a little to get the horizontal bar to consistently move all the way back and grab new primers). Once I got that sorted out, it ran awesome, but I was taking things very slow since they were the first of anything I have ever reloaded.

I do have everything I need for it to also load 223, 300BLK, 308, 38 SPL/357 Mag, and 7mm RM (basically every caliber I own). I've also got a kit I bought off of "SnowShooze" on ebay to use it as a single-stage press, which is what I'll likely do for the 7mm RM. I don't see any need to do high-volume reloading for my hunting rifles... :)

Now, if only I had been stockpiling primers... :confused:

I've got one, and just recently started reloading myself. Ran 50 rounds of 9mm through it a week ago - I was able to function check the load through two of my pistols but have not yet tested the loads for chrono or grouping yet. I had to tweak my priming system a little to get it running smooth (the bracket that holds the operating wire had to be adjusted down a little to get the horizontal bar to consistently move all the way back and grab new primers). Once I got that sorted out, it ran awesome, but I was taking things very slow since they were the first of anything I have ever reloaded.

I do have everything I need for it to also load 223, 300BLK, 308, 38 SPL/357 Mag, and 7mm RM (basically every caliber I own). I've also got a kit I bought off of "SnowShooze" on ebay to use it as a single-stage press, which is what I'll likely do for the 7mm RM. I don't see any need to do high-volume reloading for my hunting rifles... :)

Now, if only I had been stockpiling primers... :confused:
Awesome!! I'm loading 9 and 45 right now as well, and also just got everything I need to do 40 and 10mm too.
I'm getting ready to buy some of the extra stuff needed for rifle rounds, trimmer, debur/chamfer, etc.
Had no idea about that kit to convert to a single stage, I'm looking in to that! Thanks for letting me know.
Thinking about getting that swage kit that bolts on to the press to take out the military crimps as well.

Awesome!! I'm loading 9 and 45 right now as well, and also just got everything I need to do 40 and 10mm too.
I'm getting ready to buy some of the extra stuff needed for rifle rounds, trimmer, debur/chamfer, etc.
Had no idea about that kit to convert to a single stage, I'm looking in to that! Thanks for letting me know.
Thinking about getting that swage kit that bolts on to the press to take out the military crimps as well.

I've got the separate Dillon swage remover mounted on a bench, since Dillon doesn't support the use of the Swage-It on their presses that prime on the down stroke (550, 650, 750). I could see the value if a guy was going to set up a a dedicated prep head with the trimmer die and everything else, but I'm not running that sort of volume and I have been very anal about sorting my brass and checking for crimps during inspection and sorting.

I've got the separate Dillon swage remover mounted on a bench, since Dillon doesn't support the use of the Swage-It on their presses that prime on the down stroke (550, 650, 750). I could see the value if a guy was going to set up a a dedicated prep head with the trimmer die and everything else, but I'm not running that sort of volume and I have been very anal about sorting my brass and checking for crimps during inspection and sorting.
I'm the same way, so you're making me rethink on just getting the Dillon Swager. Should be more than sufficient for me, I triple check all my brass too.

I got the Super Swager 600 and love it. I 3d printed a mount for my lee bench mount and added a spring to it. Here it is in action.

Annotation 2020-08-15 100741.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads