JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I'm buying a 3D printer after I retire and move to the middle of nowhere. I know it can't make everything. Now... :)
Get a printer now! They are cheap and fun.

I find most shippers have to use the Vogon method of buying, doffing up, loosing, finding and then a bunch of beurocratic crap before your stuff is delivered while using the "Due to "insert random virus or breeze in the wrong direction" we are still incompetent but blame everything else instead of fix the problem" tag line.

Having worked for UPS for a decade or so back in Reno. I can say I've seen it all.

Since I worked in the hub, I know how to package things when I ship them. One strip of tape over a boxes seam isn't enough. Some popcorn isn't enough. If it is 60-80% fragile. Wrap the living bubblegum out of it in foam.

Unfortunately I have no control over how those I buy from package things.

I've seen flat screens used as a stool to load the top portion of the wall, I've witnessed boxes fall 3-4 stories and get loaded on the truck. Ammo boxes get taped back up with maybe -10% of its contents spread all over the loading areas floor. My favorite was the next day envelopes. They were used as frisbees, on purpose as a game, loaders would try and get them stuck in between the rafters in the truck and the external shell. Most got ripped in half trying to get them out.

As in most hubs, it was always a unload vs load situation. The loaders always got the shaft, they had to start earlier and stay later, usually got paid the least too. The unload was the most desirable entry level position. So the loaders always did whatever they could to make the unloaders lives a little harder. Fake walls halfway through a trailer, sure. Which usually meant that half the trailers load would collapse in route. Some truly shady stuff. Most of the time upper management didn't care or was inundated with stupid stuff to even notice.

Loading the airplanes wasn't any better. There are two areas loaded. The main upper part (cabin), and the belly. The belly was loaded by hand, the cabin used preloaded containers. If your package deemed its fate to be loaded into the belly of a plane, God help its sole! Chances are it was kicked shoved or body slammed into a small crevice to get more packages to fit. I've witnessed barbaric full powered kicks to packages to get them to fit in a belly!

FedEx is not any different. Usps isn't much better. Nor is Amazon as they took parts from both companies to draft its policies and procedures. Amazon has one leg up in the game as they use pretty standardized box dimensions, which makes loading trucks a bit easier.

In crazy weather events, the whole system gets flustered. Combined with the all out craziness from Christmas that happens every year, and Covid putting strains on the whole system. I'm not surprised almost every box these days doesn't show some sign of damage!

Get a printer now! They are cheap and fun.

I find most shippers have to use the Vogon method of buying, doffing up, loosing, finding and then a bunch of beurocratic crap before your stuff is delivered while using the "Due to "insert random virus or breeze in the wrong direction" we are still incompetent but blame everything else instead of fix the problem" tag line.
"Vogon method" :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads