JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have pics, post em!

View attachment 808624
5374E757-DCAA-463E-8068-367ED584F89C.jpeg

I, literally, just got back from the PO (third time) on the priority packet that had important documents for the company retirement plan. After standing in line to talk with the one person manning the counter, I was shunted off to someone else who did "research", came back and told me it was likely that I addressed it to the wrong street address. Um, no, genius:

• It went to a PO, not a physical address.
  • The PO Box is correct according to the forms, the company website, and the fact I send materials all the time, including less than two week ago.
  • Where they "attempted delivery" wasn't even in the correct god damn city and zip code. And, yes, here is a copy of the receipt showing what the label had.
She did more checking; both cities post offices, the correct one and where the mental defects attempted to deliver, though located in large urban areas, are not answering their phones, the voice mail boxes are full, and the only option is email.

Screw it. I am assuming, yet again, they destroyed the package. Among other things this afternoon, I will be rebuilding all those documents and overnight shipping it. Via UPS.

P.S. I found out yesterday the Valentine's gift I ordered for my wife also got lunched by the postal system, but the vendor handled that and provided a fast refund. Though I am back to the drawing board. Yeesh.

I, literally, just got back from the PO (third time) on the priority packet that had important documents for the company retirement plan. After standing in line to talk with the one person manning the counter, I was shunted off to someone else who did "research", came back and told me it was likely that I addressed it to the wrong street address. Um, no, genius:

• It went to a PO, not a physical address.
  • The PO Box is correct according to the forms, the company website, and the fact I send materials all the time, including less than two week ago.
  • Where they "attempted delivery" wasn't even in the correct god damn city and zip code. And, yes, here is a copy of the receipt showing what the label had.
She did more checking; both cities post offices, the correct one and where the mental defects attempted to deliver, though located in large urban areas, are not answering their phones, the voice mail boxes are full, and the only option is email.

Screw it. I am assuming, yet again, they destroyed the package. Among other things this afternoon, I will be rebuilding all those documents and overnight shipping it it. Via UPS.

P.S. I found out yesterday the Valentine's gift I ordered for my wife also got lunched by the postal system, but the vendor handled that and provided a fast refund. Though I am back to the drawing board. Yeesh.
Post office is so hit and miss imo and from what I've seen so much depends on the final link in the chain. Fe we had one mailman for a long time at our house. Never had one mail issue while he was on the job. But twice when he went on vacation we had usps packages delivered to random places accross town. We got the neighbors mail too a couple times when he was gone. When he came back, he would go accross town and hunt the packages down.

One thing I'm curious about is money orders. Have heard lots of people say a USPS money order is the gold standard to buy guns on gunbroker and it has penalties associated with it for fraud etc from what I understand (I'm still trying to figure it out). But what about if the post office loses it or delivers to the wrong address? Seems kind of risky but I have never done it. :s0092:

BTw, does anyone know the best way to accept payment on gunbroker for something u sell?

I swear to all that is holy .... I shipped the replacement 1/19 via UPS with a next day delivery for today 1/20. It hasn't even left the UPS office here in Oregon, let alone got to the brokerage in Pennsylvania. I called UPS twice, both times got someone who couldn't speak English to save their mortal soul, and got nowhere. Tomorrow I'll file a claim with UPS. The only thing I can figure, though it is no excuse, is I handed it off to the UPS driver who stops by most days at my office, rather than drove the ½ hour-ish to the local UPS customer service location.

Oh, I finally got a response from the local PO and see said I could resend at original cost because it was their screw up. Great, thanks, mail that response to three weeks ago when I cared.

I could have driven the g'damn thing across country, handed it to the closest representative at said financial institution, and drove back in the time this surreal train-wreck has taken. Oh, it would cost a lot more, but the (f-bomb) packet would have gotten there. And I would have gotten out of the office for a few days and my hijinks across this great land from OR to PA would have been ever so hilarious. But I digress.

Like I just posted in another, I ordered a Zev trigger assembly from midway on Thursday, paid the 2 day air shipping fee, yesterday it was finally out for delivery, and never made it, and was never scanned after about 930am. Today the shipping was changed to "check back tomorrow for a delivery time". Got in touch with UPS, spoke with three different people, one tells me (pretty flippantly) that they lost it and to file a claim, the second told me it never came off the trailer (came to Oregon on a plane, would be sorted straight to the delivery truck), and the third told me that I was wrong, it was delivered yesterday, despite even their system showing that it wasn't, and then followed up by telling me it would be delivered today, which has not happened.

Like I just posted in another, I ordered a Zev trigger assembly from midway on Thursday, paid the 2 day air shipping fee, yesterday it was finally out for delivery, and never made it, and was never scanned after about 930am. Today the shipping was changed to "check back tomorrow for a delivery time". Got in touch with UPS, spoke with three different people, one tells me (pretty flippantly) that they lost it and to file a claim, the second told me it never came off the trailer (came to Oregon on a plane, would be sorted straight to the delivery truck), and the third told me that I was wrong, it was delivered yesterday, despite even their system showing that it wasn't, and then followed up by telling me it would be delivered today, which has not happened.
Are you feeling triggered? :D

Are others still experiencing insanely slow shipping? It seems to improved here, but I'm still having some correspondence and packages take an eternity. Just curious.

So far everything I've ordered from the net has been quick. Most of it has come from the western half of the United States though.

The Broca divide is strong.
Lots of stuff from AZ, southern CA, Washington, Colorado etc.
One package from PA was screwy, USPS tracking never worked which was fine for a $7 item.

When we had what this state calls "massive snow :s0140:" again a bit ago a lot of stuff stopped showing up. Every time that happens here everything seems to just stop. One package from FedEx sat in Vancouver WA for 3 days. I finally told Wally I no longer wanted it. Said I could have walked there by now and got the damn thing :mad:

Why not support a local company? Instead we sit back and order stuff online from who knows where. Complain that the shipping is too expensive. Gripe about how we are not to blame for it. Scarf down highly processed food with little to no abandon for the junk that is put in it! But hey if we can get the cheap version of something and then complain if we are inconvenienced in anyway. Then why not? Forget about everything else that is involved and I know let's jump on the bandwagon of the victimization and whoa is me and my "sensibilities!" Sounds like the bingo hall that my grandma went to!

:s0146:

Ok rant over!

Why not support a local company? Instead we sit back and order stuff online from who knows where. Complain that the shipping is too expensive.

Some of us live in very rural areas where the cost of fuel to drive to the nearest store adds $10 to the price of everything, and that is even if they have what you need in an area decimated by WalMart.

I order a ton of stuff off of Amazon through my Smile account. Money gets donated to the 2nd amendment legal defense fund. I get free shipping and items come either to my door or to the post office 100 yards away. Why would I want to drive 40 miles round trip to find out they don't have what I need and I have to take a chance on something because there are no reviews for it.

Why not support a local company? Instead we sit back and order stuff online from who knows where.

A trip to "the city" is 45 minutes both ways in either direction. Just to get there, I/we are looking an hour a half burned up in travel time alone. (And when we lived in eastern Oregon, it was way worse in terms of travel time.) Then there is the time to track down the item, fight traffic, deal with retail idiocy galore, and there is still the distinct possibility that they don't have what we need. That isn't an inconvenience, it is the mismanagement of the most precious commodity of them all: time.

If I could find all the crap this household uses locally, sure, I'd likely use that. Though, frankly, like any other company they need to earn my business; the mouth-breathers in this area seldom do. Instead a a few mouse clicks, keystrokes, and in a couple day a brown van pulls up and does a supply drop. Easy-peasy.

A trip to "the city" is 45 minutes both ways in either direction. Just to get there, I/we are looking an hour a half burned up in travel time alone. (And when we lived in eastern Oregon, it was way worse in terms of travel time.) Then there is the time to track down the item, fight traffic, deal with retail idiocy galore, and there is still the distinct possibility that they don't have what we need. That isn't an inconvenience, it is the mismanagement of the most precious commodity of them all: time.

If I could find all the crap this household uses locally, sure, I'd likely use that. Though, frankly, like any other company they need to earn my business; the mouth-breathers in this area seldom do. Instead a a few mouse clicks, keystrokes, and in a couple day a brown van pulls up and does a supply drop. Easy-peasy.
This is why I'm buying a 3D printer after I retire and move to the middle of nowhere. I know it can't make everything. Now... :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top