JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just began class last monday with The University of Phoenix for my degree in Criminal Justice, and I wondered if there was anyone else on NWFA that is attending or has attended this school.

So far it seems to be pretty good, and the great part is that it is considered full time enrollment, but doesnt effect family time too much and I can still work a full time job since it is 100% online. -tree

I haven't taken any courses through there, but I have been working on a business degree through Thomas Edison State in Trenton, NJ. So far it's been great. I'm just finishing up my second semester, and I have two more to go. It counts as full time enrollment for G.I. Bill benefits, which is great.

If you are considering a distance learning degree, you should research at

http://forums.degreeinfo.com/

Great forum.

I have heard mixed things about Phoenix, but the folks at degreeinfo could give you a lot more advice.

Thanks, I'm not looking for advice dude, I already began classes. Im well aware of my options and I thought Phoenix looked like the best. Not trying to be an a-hole but, read the OP.

My friends wife actually just recently had her graduation ceremony for the completion of her Bachelors in Accounting with the University of Phoenix. She had a slightly different curriculum then I, but she said she enjoyed attending Phoenix and thought it was great after her 4-5 years of attendance.

I haven't taken any courses through there, but I have been working on a business degree through Thomas Edison State in Trenton, NJ. So far it's been great. I'm just finishing up my second semester, and I have two more to go. It counts as full time enrollment for G.I. Bill benefits, which is great.

Is that an online degree program?

Is that an online degree program?

Yep, 100% online. They're an accredited state school, but they only have an administration building and offices, no classrooms. And I bet it's very similar to the setup that Phoenix and all the other online schools use. They use Blackboard, which is the same system that WSU in Vancouver uses for some of their courses, and I know my buddy is using it through some of his courses at LCC in Longview.

I only went with them because they transferred all my CC credits and lots of credits from my Navy schools that I went to, which left me with about four classes left for my first BS. After that, I figured it was easier to stay there do anything else. Good luck with your courses.

Interesting - let us know how it goes. I'm not sure how I'd do in an online learning environment - I'll be curious to hear what you think about it.

I am just beginning my second week, so I am still pretty new to it. But I have done enough assignments and discussion that I have gotten a good grasp of how everything works. In my opinion it's great so far, going to be an excellent way for me to get my degree without changing my life around to fit going to traditional school.

If you get online everyday to do other things, and have a little spare time in the evenings that you could give to assignments and discussions, you could do it also. It's really not much more than that.

If you get online everyday to do other things, and have a little spare time in the evenings that you could give to assignments and discussions, you could do it also. It's really not much more than that.

True, but I always seem to get distracted by other things online, like NWFA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top