JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't part of the deal that approval needs to arrive by 5/31? Seems ballsy to put one in with a couple/few days remaining. Are you trying to do so? I remember weeks ago playing with the form 1 system it was slower than molasses in the winter so maybe that's the norm?

Isn't part of the deal that approval needs to arrive by 5/31? Seems ballsy to put one in with a couple/few days remaining. Are you trying to do so? I remember weeks ago playing with the form 1 system it was slower than molasses in the winter so maybe that's the norm?
Mine are all done and approved fortunately so just curious if the predicted "meltdown" of the system is happening or not.

Uhhh... aren't we talking about the ATF here? Where a 6 month approval on a silencer is considered lightning fast?

I put my 3 x Form 1 in about about 2.5 months ago. Still sitting in the "Form submitted" box of the ATF's eForms website. I have no intention of destroying my braces or turning in the guns on Thursday (June 1st) if my tax stamp doesn't show up.

I will be a good citizen though and remove my braces from my pistols though. ;)

The whole thing seems pretty FUBAR from the start! How many people have a pistol with a brace that have never heard about the ruling? I haven't seen any public service announcements on TV. I haven't received a letter from the ATF alerting me to the change due to the ruling. How are pistol brace owners supposed to know? I haven't even seen any coverage on the evening news. Are all gun owners supposed to go through the entire ATF website on a weekly basis looking for more capricious rulings?

I can't wait to hear about the first person arrested for having a pistol brace!

The only actual effect I see coming from this ruling is the galvanization of right which will help put a republican in the round office. Even gun owner friends have never heard of this ruling so I highly doubt anyone from the left has heard of it either, so I doubt it will become a rallying cry for them in the coming election.

It is a good thing none of the leftists own guns as they seem to have a high propensity of shooting themselves in the foot! I know measure 114 doubled the number of guns I own.

Last Edited:
I'm pretty sure as long as you have APPLIED by 5/31, you are in compliance--it is not contingent on approval by 5/31. But, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Nothing I have read regarding the ruling on the ATF eForm website says anything about "tax stamp applied for by May 31st".

So if I do destroy my brace on June 1st like I am supposed to am I free to put any brace/stock on my pistols that I want when my tax stamp does come 6 months from now? The paperwork I put in was to register my pistols as SBR's. Once they are SBR's I don't see anything keeping me from putting any brace/stock on I want? I don't see anything about creating a new class of weapons - "SBR, limited to pistol braces only.".

As a software engineer I can tell you that the ATF website is just very badly written... probably by the lowest bidder... which appear to be a couple of highschooler students that got together and put a bid in. Since I first went on the ATF website last January it has NEVER responded in a timely manner no matter what time of day I was on it.

Nothing I have read regarding the ruling on the ATF eForm website says anything about "tax stamp applied for by May 31st".

So if I do destroy my brace on June 1st like I am supposed to am I free to put any brace/stock on my pistols that I want when my tax stamp does come 6 months from now? The paperwork I put in was to register my pistols as SBR's. Once they are SBR's I don't see anything keeping me from putting any brace/stock on I want? I don't see anything about creating a new class of weapons - "SBR, limited to pistol braces only.".
Agree with ttsx above.

But hopefully in order to save time: if you apply by may 31 you are good. ATF has said that numerous times in many places.

ATF has said you are free to put a stock and vertical grip on the pistol after approval (brace rule or regular sbr are the same on this).

So if I do destroy my brace on June 1st like I am supposed to am I free to put any brace/stock on my pistols that I want when my tax stamp does come 6 months from now?
It's not necessary to destroy/remove your brace. If you applied, you are in compliance. After approval, you are free to put a stock on it if you wish.

Has anyone who has an approved "Form 1" received an actual "Tax Stamp" or did you just get your form 1 back with approval?
I heard on the internet (so it must be true) that if you don't pay the tax you do not get a "Tax Stamp."
The "Tax Stamp" is a receipt for taxes paid; if you don't pay the tax, you don't get the Stamp/receipt.

Clarification?

No tax stamp on mine fwiw. I don't want to speculate on relationship to any receipt cuz as I recall reading some/many? of the sbr apps before brace rule don't have actual stamps either. @wired would probably know.

Wow sounds like system operating normally at crunch time. Great info thx!
That can't be possible!! One of our NWFA learned here is more deeply "in the know" than everyone else... if you believe him... and practically swore on his mothers grave the system would be burning in flames 2 weeks in!!

*cough* @wired *cough* *cough*

At crunch time... it's unfathomable, hu! 🤣 🤔:D

That can't be possible!! One of our NWFA learned here is more deeply "in the know" than everyone else... if you believe him... and practically swore on his mothers grave the system would be burning in flames 2 weeks in!!

*cough* @wired *cough* *cough*

At crunch time... it's unfathomable, hu! 🤣 🤔:D
To be fair they have had 3 months to work out the kinks for increased volume. I'm glad it's working normally for those folks trying to get in under the wire.

To be fair they have had 3 months to work out the kinks for increased volume. I'm glad it's working normally for those folks trying to get in under the wire.
Agreed! They certainly have the tax payer money for it and I never had any doubt they would be able to upgrade their system as needed to take in applications. Can't let a good opportunity to infringe go to waste, right? ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top