Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Any young folks around here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CaseyPod, Jan 19, 2009.

1. CaseyPod

CaseyPod North Vancouver Member

Hey all,

I am 29 and generally not many people in my generation or younger are in to guns. I would love to have a group of people around my age to go shooting with some time.

Most of my college buds are either on the east coast or on ships somewhere around the world. I would like to make a few friends in Vancouver! Maybe start a shooting club in vancouver for the younger set..

---
    Casey :thumbup:

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Unfortunately, when it comes to the gun community, guys my age seem to be the younger ones...and I am 42. There are alot of younger guys on the Glock forums but they are seldom the type I would want to associate with too much. :)

3. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

I am 20! Although I live in Beaverton, not Vancouver, my husband and I visit there often.
    There do seem to be quite a few members on the younger side on NWFA! Most of us aren't too mean. :thumbup:

4. Oppy

Oppy Seattle Member

It seems people either grow up shooting or, like me, start shooting in late teens/twenties. Go to your local range(s) and you'll see plenty of people your age.

For maximum interest in a shooting club, advertise that you buy the first pitcher of beer after each range session.

5. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I'm 20. I grew up hunting alot but just in the last year got into shooting seriously

6. mcseman441

mcseman441 tacoma New Member

I know quite a few people in our age range (I'm 33 but have a lot of friends that shoot that are younger) although I am just now getting into it. Strangely enough most of them are from church.

7. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

I'm 26 but I prefer shooting/talking with the old guys. Experience and knowledge is priceless!

8. kentsboots

kentsboots Oregon Member

I'm 29 also

9. CJ49er

CJ49er Lake Oswego Member

38, does that make me old?

I feel 28 if that counts

10. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

23... But I feel old.

11. SgtKashim

SgtKashim Wilsonville, Oregon Member

Dude, you guys are old... :F

I turn 21 next month - Feb 15.
    So close...

I'm told I'm very mature for my age, though. The receding hairline doesn't help either. How the **** do I have a receding hairline at age 20?!

12. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

From what I can tell the large majority is under 30 here. Or under 20. :huh:

13. CaseyPod

Yeah, I feel old too... work too much, play too little

14. CaseyPod

I have a receding hairline too.. since I was 20. You get used to it- just buzz it off. Shaggy hair with a receding hairline is hard to pull off.

15. ghanderson10

ghanderson10 Woodburn, OR Member

22 here... still very much a kid :D

16. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

Same here. Only, my wife is tired of living with a kid:D, but at least she is safe.:gun18:

17. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

<<----- 31

18. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

19. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

I am 25 and for the most part just got into guns, I bought my first gun a .22 when i was 20(because it was $10 more than a bb gun) and then got my first shotgun when I was 22. Then in 2008 i bought 6 guns and built an AR and went all in by getting my first Class III weapon and a CHL!

20. browning

browning Oregon New Member

33 here. Have been into guns since I was a little boy, but it was not until a few years ago that I could start to afford them, had to finish college first. Now that I can have them it looks as if I might loose them (damn election)!