Any young folks around here?

Reactions
Hey all,

I am 29 and generally not many people in my generation or younger are in to guns. I would love to have a group of people around my age to go shooting with some time.

Most of my college buds are either on the east coast or on ships somewhere around the world. I would like to make a few friends in Vancouver! Maybe start a shooting club in vancouver for the younger set..

---
Casey :s0155:

Reactions
Unfortunately, when it comes to the gun community, guys my age seem to be the younger ones...and I am 42. There are alot of younger guys on the Glock forums but they are seldom the type I would want to associate with too much. :)

Reactions
It seems people either grow up shooting or, like me, start shooting in late teens/twenties. Go to your local range(s) and you'll see plenty of people your age.

For maximum interest in a shooting club, advertise that you buy the first pitcher of beer after each range session.

Reactions
I know quite a few people in our age range (I'm 33 but have a lot of friends that shoot that are younger) although I am just now getting into it. Strangely enough most of them are from church.

OP
C
Reactions
Dude, you guys are old... :F

I turn 21 next month - Feb 15.
So close...

I'm told I'm very mature for my age, though. The receding hairline doesn't help either. How the **** do I have a receding hairline at age 20?!
I have a receding hairline too.. since I was 20. You get used to it- just buzz it off. Shaggy hair with a receding hairline is hard to pull off.

Reactions
I am 25 and for the most part just got into guns, I bought my first gun a .22 when i was 20(because it was $10 more than a bb gun) and then got my first shotgun when I was 22. Then in 2008 i bought 6 guns and built an AR and went all in by getting my first Class III weapon and a CHL!

browning

Reactions
33 here. Have been into guns since I was a little boy, but it was not until a few years ago that I could start to afford them, had to finish college first. Now that I can have them it looks as if I might loose them (damn election)!

UPCOMING EVENTS

Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom