JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Odd question, I know, but I have an older High Standard .22 that I've had for years, long enough I don't remember exactly when or how I got it, other than it was part payment for something. The PO was someone I was familiar enough with that I didn't question his honesty, but he was an out of state acquaintance, and this was long enough ago that there was no transfer paperwork needed. But now I'm thinking of selling/trading the HS, and would prefer not to have a knock on my door from LE asking questions about receiving stolen goods, especially firearms :eek:. So anyone know of a way to find out, short of calling up the local PD and asking them to run the serial number? Thanks.

Dave

If you call up and have a request done, they will ask for your location, name, address, phone number.

If it's stolen, they will have you on the line and somebody will be there to pick it up. You'll never see it again. They don't do courtesy checks.

You may try this however, it may not come up in the data base that's online. I wouldn't count it 100% reliable at all.

Long story short had a shady individual while back try and pull something and looked it up in this data base online with no hit.

I Called local law enforcement bingo! They did not show up at my door, I just took the fire arm down to local pd and turned it over with a statement.Officer said that it had been one of many that got hit and this was the 1st to come in on the report. The poor Guy had got cleaned out from he sound of the officer saying they took jewelry and several firearms in the report he had.

They finally found the thief with all the other firearms and narcotics. I don't know how long it took or if the owner ever got his guns back but sure hope so. You may have to explain yourself as to how you got it but I wouldn't worry about any ramifications and don't foresee anyone showing up at your door .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top