Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Any waterfowlers here?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by simon99, Oct 5, 2013.

1. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Any of you guys on here waterfowlers?

I'm looking forward to another awesome season....lets chat.

2. Bigbaddude

Bigbaddude West linn Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Can't wait I have a new 6 month old chocolate lab to take out and a guy at work is going to show me where a nice small pond off the Columbia river that is good for young dogs and a few duck. It's tough around hear to find a good place to hunt with out a lot of people or paying a arm and leg to hunt.

3. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Glad to hear about your pup. I had to have my black lab put down last year, but she was 15! She hunted until she was 12, then it just made her too tired out. I haven't got another...yet.
    So, whats it like to hunt in your area? I hear it gets a little crowded. Are there a lot of ducks? How about geese?

4. 86k5krawler

86k5krawler newberg,or New Member

got introduced to the game last year and I am now hooked in a bad way, bought more gear this year and my lab/gsp is 8months today and loves him some water and wings.
    hunted sauvies island last year and plan to do a lot of the same with maybe a mix up of spots here and there through the season.
    with only six outing's last year was able to allways get one bird shy of a limit.

5. Juany

Juany Oregon New Member

I'm looking forward to hunting at Sauvie this year. I'm going out this weekend.

6. chevytruckman

chevytruckman OLY Active Member

jy5y8yja.jpg

7. chevytruckman

chevytruckman OLY Active Member

Looking for some private land around me...

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I have a whole river system within 5 min. from the house and a boat, I like to cast & blast on the Chehalis. Now that all that freezing weather is over I'm heading out this week.