JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There were roughly 500 AKT-98 (Earliest model imported around 2002-3 ) followed by less than 500 AKT-98 /KK95 & RPK versions that followed , then around 600+ WASR 22 models came a few years later starting in around 2005 and the flow ceased in 2009 . Slightly reconfigured versions known as the M10-22 were test marketed and brought over in smaller numbers than the earlier models in around 2011-12 but the "Issues" of the earlier models persisted and the sales plummeted causing most to be "Parted out" or sold as "Parts Kits" . The Rimfire Romanians were a valliant effort by the Cugir Factory to introduce a "Real .22LR AKM " and the problems were too much for many owners to live with and work their way past or through. I purchased a WASR 22 in 2007 and followed the new Group of Fanboys of these Rifles started on theakforum.net in our own WASR 22 section of the Forum Board. We tweaked and tested and modified the little beasts and many of us achieved some reliability and cures for the FTF FTE & doubles & triples ... Then Black Dog Machine made "High Cap" magazines for them and of late he has made extractor & spring kits increasing reliability even farther . He hopes to market a "Spring Loaded" Firing Pin Kit soon also... My WASR 22 IS configured like a SAR 2 and I also procured 2 AKT 98 variants ( One Original early serial/year configured as a Romanian Wire Sidefolder, and one Original untouched AKT 98/KK95 version. These AKM 22 Rifles taught me the AK/AKM platform and I love them dearly .

Last Edited:
These .22lr AKM rifles are the basis for the term "Tactical Rimfire" and prices of them have doubled since their introduction over 10 years ago . The rarity of them and the ability of them to be configured in almost any AK/AKM trappings and furniture & accessory set up is what makes owners of these little beasts so enthusiastic .

I could not find the pic the other night, but did now.

Here is a pic of mine take about 3 years ago before I really knew how to run my camera so it is only an ok shot.

11346.jpg

I had an akt98 rpk version, it wouldn't cycle ammo properly. Sold it after about a month of frustration. I miss it because of the collector in me but it would've just took up space in the safe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top