JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think xbox1 is backward compatible now. I am waiting to play:

1. Titanfall - 10-28-16 First one was pretty good but died off fast

2. Ghost recon - 3/17 - Glad they dont make this every year like COD but they have been on a downward trend since advanced war fighter. Looks pretty cool though.

3. Gears of war - I always can't wait for this game but the multiplayer never works well. I dont know I keep playing this franchise.

4. Mafia 3 - I think I liked this franchise but I don't remember much about 2 or 1. I think its grand theft auto like.

I gamefly everything, so I play alot of sub par games because I am bored. I never buy games unless I see that will be playing them for 6 months+ and there is something else on gamefly I need to make room for.

Sniper Elite V2 and Sniper Elite 3 are quite fun.
Im not much of a gamer. But The one and only game I do get excited for is the Fallout franchise. Its pretty fun. Ive yet to get the next gen consoles (for FO4).. Since most of my fun money goes towards firearms.
Couldn't agree with you more. The instant I have an access of cash, I splurge on whatever gun related purchase I've been mulling over. I've got two or three tattoos that need finishing, and I'd sure like a next gen game console... But a guy has to have priorities right? Alas, I have several AR's that require constant feeding, care and the latest fashion accessories. Damned spoiled kids...

I play the WOW games, World or Warships is my absolute fav. Something about sniping enemy ships from a Battle ship is just so satisfying! World of tanks is a serious fun time, and world of War Planes is about the best there is! All are P.C. and live world wide! Never the same game twice!

Oh, forgot about the FPS component of Star Citizen--part space-sim, part shooter, it's like you have entire solar systems for your FPS levels.

If anybody's interested in checking it out, referral code STAR-JRY4-Z754 will get you 5000 credits for the in-game store and give me a Referral Point toward some cool stuff too. :)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare (COD4) was and still is my favorite. It was the first COD to not be a WWII version. I still like the franchise.

Couldn't agree with you more. The instant I have an access of cash, I splurge on whatever gun related purchase I've been mulling over. I've got two or three tattoos that need finishing, and I'd sure like a next gen game console... But a guy has to have priorities right? Alas, I have several AR's that require constant feeding, care and the latest fashion accessories. Damned spoiled kids...
Haha, aint that the truth. :D

slights OT, but anyone getting one of the new X box one S ? I am thinking of picking one up to play 4k blue rays and act as a media player.

Actually, over the past couple of days I've been mulling over the option of trading in my XBOX One at GameStop for the $150 credit toward the newer XBOX One S. I do have a 49-in 4K screen that I play on and it would just simply be the right move for me.

As for some other games:

As I mentioned, I've got quite a few years behind me in the video gaming arena. In fact, at one time I was part of the Beta testing team for a few titles being made under Atari and Infogrames.

Deadly Dozen
Line of Sight: Vietnam
Elite Forces: Vietnam

These were all developed by N-Fusion and I got to know some of the developers quite well via email.

I also got in on one of the Deer Hunter games done under Infogrames.

BUT, the Deadly Dozen game was, and in my mind, still is, a classic WWII shooter.

You started out with a dozen men, of various specialties, and you could pick 4 of them for a mission. The coolest part of this game was that you could control them in any number of ways: Individually, or team them up on combinations: 1 v 3; 2 v 2, etc. Setting up ambushes and defense perimeters were among the tactics available.

I still recall one very vivid mission my men were on. We came around a rocky cliff and faced a dry ravine. Across the ravine, the Nazis had set up camp in a small village. They had supply trucks, a watch tower, the works.

I eventually set 3 of my men on our side of the ravine and had them in cover and to hold fire.

I sent my grenadier down into the ravine....very cautiously...until he got close enough to the supply trucks to toss a grenade. :)

Once the supply trucks started blowing up, the Nazis came running to check things out...and, as they appeared, I sent the command: FIRE AT WILL!

We took over the village. :)

Mouse and keyboard for me. My kids tried to get me into the PS3/PS4 but I can't do the move with left thumb and aim with the right thumb.

I grew up on consoles but PC gaming was my choice for FPS. When the console games got some good titles I had to spend so many hours just getting the tar beat out of me until I was able to get the hang of it. Like played enough to level all the way 2 or 3 times before I started making consistent kills.

It was a massive task of humility to do it because the entire time I kept thinking - if I just had a mouse and keyboard lol.

I think they have accessories that would allow that but for me that's just one more gadget laying around.

Wolfenstien was the first computer game I ever played. Brother was a "Geek" and set up two stations so we could both play at the same time. Too cool, discussing where we'd hit, high/low, before going in a room.

I did Doom but got tired of playing everything in the dark, one lane, bad guys jumping out of the shadows, over, and over.....

No one's mentioned Bio Shock? Probably my favorite. I don't like dying so I just play it over and over. I liked the original call of duty, but not much into any other war games.

Wolfenstien was the first computer game I ever played. Brother was a "Geek" and set up two stations so we could both play at the same time. Too cool, discussing where we'd hit, high/low, before going in a room.

I did Doom but got tired of playing everything in the dark, one lane, bad guys jumping out of the shadows, over, and over.....

No one's mentioned Bio Shock? Probably my favorite. I don't like dying so I just play it over and over. I liked the original call of duty, but not much into any other war games.

Huzzah!:D

Even Mikej is a gamer:cool:.

People are unusually very conservative on these types of forums about thier 'other' interests.

It is kind of refreshing to have this thread get some posts - I am not into it enough to join a gaming group anymore but it has been nice nestolgia remembering some of the earlier games I forgot about and others have mentioned.

Good thread;)

You have no Idea how much Bio Shock memorabilia is in my place due to fact its the girlfriends favorite game. I Couldn't get into it, but Fallout has definitely consumed alot of hours for me. I think the free roam and the game pretty much revolves around guns is what pulled me in. I really wish they had included the reloading bench in Fallout 4...:(

Huzzah!:D

Even Mikej is a gamer:cool:.

People are unusually very conservative on these types of forums about thier 'other' interests.

It is kind of refreshing to have this thread get some posts - I am not into it enough to join a gaming group anymore but it has been nice nestolgia remembering some of the earlier games I forgot about and others have mentioned.

Good thread;)
Small wonder, with how some people will jump down your throat at the slightest deviation from "their tastes"--you might have seen some of the crap I've taken over my involvement with tabletop wargaming both as a customer and making my modest living as a historical consultant to a game publisher.

Full on old school here. I have about 40 arcade games from the 70's through the 90's in a dedicated building in my back yard, and the only console I have is an Atari 2600!

Small wonder, with how some people will jump down your throat at the slightest deviation from "their tastes"--you might have seen some of the crap I've taken over my involvement with tabletop wargaming both as a customer and making my modest living as a historical consultant to a game publisher.

I must have missed that thread but I'm not super suprised unfortunately.

Some gun folks can be very single minded and like to think they either know it all in life or are better then everyone else.

I have a fairly large ignore list because of the above...

I've taken some flak from people for my wide variety of music interests and whatnot. For the most part I'm ok with it - it's my enjoyment and I'm not enthusiastic enough to try and push my likes on others.

I am also a big anime fan and grew up overseas for a lot of years, played D&D, soccer not football (for all the good that did my knees) and have a taste for exotic things. Very rarely do I talk about that stuff on here though;).

I largely do wargaming as a teaching aid because it's kinda hard for a private citizen to try to rebuild Halsey's Task Force 38 at its peak... or even to get a simple Sherman tank platoon, so simulations are all we have to teach students about the commanders' views of things during battle.

Plan for when I get my professorship -
Day one, discuss the historical battle with miniatures deployed on a table in center of room replicating historical event.
Assignment: Each student will go home, study a specific officer assigned to them, the resources at their command, their preferred tactics, what they knew and SHOULD have known, what they did right, what they did excusably wrong from not having any way to know better and what was inexcusably goat-hump.
Day 2: The student is going to step into that officer's place or the reenactment. *Darth Vader voice* "YOU are in command now..."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top