JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to Sportsman's off 185th yesterday and things were pretty normal. No .22LR or 9mm. Didn't look for .223 but saw a few boxes of Lake City 7.62 and picked up some match .308. Also picked up some 12-guage loads to run through a shotgun that I just picked up.

All in all, pretty normal experience. But, I'm curious of those who have hit those stores today...did last night's events cause any panic buying today?

A few days before USA became Mogadishu I went to a few LGS and they had barely anything in stock as far as guns went (Plenty of M&P AR's). Sportsmans had a decent selection but the wait in line killed me since most decent things were hit already. I called MK and they said most their suppliers are emptied currently for popular items (glock/sig etc etc).

Seen plenty of ammo around though.

A few days before USA became Mogadishu I went to a few LGS and they had barely anything in stock as far as guns went (Plenty of M&P AR's). Sportsmans had a decent selection but the wait in line killed me since most decent things were hit already. I called MK and they said most their suppliers are emptied currently for popular items (glock/sig etc etc).

Seen plenty of ammo around though.

I've wanted to pick up a cz75 compact PCR for awhile now and they seem to be completely sold out. Maybe I'll get lucky and, when this is all over, a panic buyer will sell it LNIB to me.

I was wondering that.. But I heeded buy it cheap stack it deep several panics ago and have exceeded my physical storage capabilities :cool:

I did the same with the calibers I had at the time (.22lr, 9mm, .308). But, I finished up my first AR maybe two or three weeks ago now and just got my first shotgun (thinking 3-gun). So, now I'm trying to find .223 and 12g during the panic. It hasn't been easy, as I'm not really willing to fork over too much for inflated ammo.

I certainly would imagine it's had an effect but don't have any direct evidence. I would also imagine it may have delayed the buyer's remorse kicking in for a lot of those new owners that were starting to think they might not need a gun after all.

I am sure now people are scrambling to pick up whats left. Online orders right now seem to be best bet or personal sales on here. I'd expect another backorder because of this tbh.

I was wondering that.. But I heeded buy it cheap stack it deep several panics ago and have exceeded my physical storage capabilities :cool:

0CD93050-B6E7-4F31-805E-72CD49F7CADF.jpeg

Panic buy what? there is nothing left lol!

I wanted to buy some powder. Sportsmans was EMPTY! But seemed pretty normal to me.

True. Went to Sportsman's a few days before any of the riot stuff and there was almost no ammo other than hunting calibers that never really move fast.

Cabela's in Springfield, most of the customers at a very busy gun counter were induced to make their purchases by the rioting going on Eugene. There were a lot of first time gun buyers and lots of instruction being provided by the personnel working the counter on basic firearm operation. Hope those folks seek out and get some firearms training.

I went to Sportsman's off 185th yesterday and things were pretty normal. No .22LR or 9mm. Didn't look for .223 but saw a few boxes of Lake City 7.62 and picked up some match .308. Also picked up some 12-guage loads to run through a shotgun that I just picked up.

All in all, pretty normal experience. But, I'm curious of those who have hit those stores today...did last night's events cause any panic buying today?
I went in to Tigard Pawn for transfer this morning at 10am. I was 201 in the queue and haven't heard back from them yet.

I went in to Tigard Pawn for transfer this morning at 10am. I was 201 in the queue and haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm not sure this much different from the pre-riot levels. I did a transfer the Friday before last and was 300th or so... since it was already afternoon I had to come back the following day.

I went to sportco in fife saturday, there were cans of 223, bricks of 22lr and most mags. Seems like most folks were in the fishing section, lots of rods being purchased. I did not see any 9mm around.

Sportsmans has been pretty weak on 9mm, and any standard AR Ammo. But at least they filled up their pistol wall. I have bought 3 pistols at Coastal in Cornelius. They have maintained pretty decent stocks. Been blowing through grizzly reman 9mm from MK (89 bucks for 500) at the range. Keeping my fresh FMJ, and defense ammo in reserve. For AR been buying some brass at Oregon Arms an Ammo, and shooting steel case from whoever is cheapest online via Ammoseek.

I've wanted to pick up a cz75 compact PCR for awhile now and they seem to be completely sold out. Maybe I'll get lucky and, when this is all over, a panic buyer will sell it LNIB to me.

I did the same with the calibers I had at the time (.22lr, 9mm, .308). But, I finished up my first AR maybe two or three weeks ago now and just got my first shotgun (thinking 3-gun). So, now I'm trying to find .223 and 12g during the panic. It hasn't been easy, as I'm not really willing to fork over too much for inflated ammo.
For those who do not learn, and for those new to this there is two ways. You can pay scalper price and get anything you need now. Or, watch some of the better web sites. Stuff keeps showing up daily but, it's of course first come................. There are several and best time to check is early AM EST. Academy Sports has always been one good one for purchases of small amounts at very fair prices. SGammo is another great one for buying stuff by the case or mixing an order for a lot of stuff. There are of course several others. You have to keep hitting the sights daily though. Places like this will often have someone post something but, sadly often by the time others see it and go to the sight stuff is of course gone. The ammo and guns keep showing up daily so just keep checking a few sites and what you want will pop up.
Or there is always the have a good friend. :D Years ago we were in this same spot. GOOD buddy who worked with me had no gun for home. I tried to loan him one a few times. He finally bought a nice home shotgun but of course ammo was VERY hard to come by. So I gifted him a banderlero of 54 rounds of slugs and OO. He was very appreciative. I then helped him get a better job he loves even though I greatly miss him. So he showed up at my work with this for my birthday. Kid still thinks of me even though we no longer work together :D

MM.png

Went to Rehv Arms in Covington to buy a Ruger Mk IV, I asked about stock and they said it was fine for a couple weeks till the Riots.
Nothing new. People as a whole never learn from the past. Something happens to make people think they should have a gun or two and some ammo. So instead of having this while it was in plentiful supply they all try to buy it after a panic. Then they all run around and tell everyone that there is a shortage going on to get more people to run out and do the same. Soon there is no toilet paper and they all run around like deer in lights wondering why, again. Rinse and repeat next time. Can be funny as hell to watch but it's really pretty sad too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top