JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The great thing about being an anti is you can go buy an AR to feel safe during the riot, then virtue signal later at the "buyback" claiming "I'm a gun owner but military grade weapons like this should be banned". :rolleyes:
The joke brings up a piece of data I'd be real interested in...

What types of weapons have panic buyers been purchasing? Seems like everything has sold but I know of a few stores that were mostly AR's. I wonder what the purchase types actually look like?

What types of weapons have panic buyers been purchasing? Seems like everything has sold but I know of a few stores that were mostly AR's. I wonder what the purchase types actually look like?

I've been to Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's several time over the past 4 weeks or so, Seen lot's of yuppie couples in buying guns. From what I've seen, they seem mostly interested in handguns. Talking to several of the counter guys at different stores, they are all saying that ~70% of sales are to first time owners.

This COVID and now Riot buying spree has ticked me off. I finally have put some money on the side to get a nice 1911. Looking at the $1300-$1700 range, and there are NONE in stock. And if by chance you could find one, the background wait is running 2-3 weeks for Clark County. :-(

It's frustrating to have the money in your hand, and not be able to find the gun you want. Guess my new 9mm shield will have to do until supply catches up with demand.

At least I don't "Need" a new 45. (Already have two). I just had promised myself a new 45 once I was employed again and had a regular paycheck coming in again.

So I bought a gun on the day that the riots started in Portland and i had to wait 5 hours..... I thought that was crap lol i haven't ever had to wait longer than 30 mins or so.
I went to get another gun today and they told me it would be 3 days for the BGC to go through bc they were so backlogged.

I've been to Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's several time over the past 4 weeks or so, Seen lot's of yuppie couples in buying guns. From what I've seen, they seem mostly interested in handguns. Talking to several of the counter guys at different stores, they are all saying that ~70% of sales are to first time owners.

This COVID and now Riot buying spree has ticked me off. I finally have put some money on the side to get a nice 1911. Looking at the $1300-$1700 range, and there are NONE in stock. And if by chance you could find one, the background wait is running 2-3 weeks for Clark County. :-(

It's frustrating to have the money in your hand, and not be able to find the gun you want. Guess my new 9mm shield will have to do until supply catches up with demand.

At least I don't "Need" a new 45. (Already have two). I just had promised myself a new 45 once I was employed again and had a regular paycheck coming in again.

I got my dan Wesson guardian from Oregon rifleworks in Tigard. They placed their dealer order and had the gun in a few days. That was maybe a bit over a year ago...would highly recommend giving them a call if you ever get out that way.

I made a purchase after the peak of the 'rona panic but before the riot panic... got 300th place in line and had to come back the following day. I sold a pistol a couple days ago as well, and the buyer was approved instantly even though there was a line of 1600. It looked like maybe he used a CHL as his ID... I wonder if that makes the difference. Might try it if I happen to buy something in these times.
Typically a CHL holder goes to the front of the line, cause it's an easy pass. When I picked up my P365, late on a Saturday afternoon, heard about the backlog, was approved within 2 minutes of the information being keyed in. The woman running the background check initially told me to go shopping and she'd call me when I was approved. She was surprised at the quick turnaround... Go figure...

I sold a shotgun to a member yesterday and the backlog was over 2300. The buyer of my shotgun lucked out and got instant approval.

I stopped by Cabelas and their pistol ammo selection was nearly non-existent. The had quite a bit of rifle ammo except for 223/5.56 stuff and 22lr was slim pickings as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top