JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I hear they are great for NFA trusts, and I've purchased a few items there... a V Seven receiver set, a Mega Reciever set, and lots of other parts and accessories. They were priced a little higher than most, but Im willing to spend extra to support a local business if they earn it....but I went in there a couple days ago looking for parts for my most recent build and OMG! I saw several items marked well over retail! I'm pretty plugged in to what AR parts and accessories go for, and their prices seem to have gone from high to rediculous. not only that... I stood at the parts counter for 20min waiting for somebody to help me with barrels, and they didnt even acknowledge I was there.. not a be right with you or nothing.
A couple months ago I was on my way home from Portland on a Saturday evening... stuck in traffic, and in desperate need of a gas tube..I called twice once when I realized it was going to be close, and once when I was just on the other side of the bridge and they were going to close in 5 minutes, and he said he'd wait... nope I got there not even 5 minutes late and it was all locked up and they were gone. No sorry we had to go note or nothing.
This last experience with them was the last straw. I've bought well over $1000 worth of stuff there in the last few years but they won't get another penny from me.
I left shaking my head in disgust and spent my money up the river.

From what I hear they are great for NFA trusts, and I've purchased a few items there... a V Seven receiver set, a Mega Reciever set, and lots of other parts and accessories. They were priced a little higher than most, but Im willing to spend extra to support a local business if they earn it....but I went in there a couple days ago looking for parts for my most recent build and OMG! I saw several items marked well over retail! I'm pretty plugged in to what AR parts and accessories go for, and their prices seem to have gone from high to rediculous. not only that... I stood at the parts counter for 20min waiting for somebody to help me with barrels, and they didnt even acknowledge I was there.. not a be right with you or nothing.
A couple months ago I was on my way home from Portland on a Saturday evening... stuck in traffic, and in desperate need of a gas tube..I called twice once when I realized it was going to be close, and once when I was just on the other side of the bridge and they were going to close in 5 minutes, and he said he'd wait... nope I got there not even 5 minutes late and it was all locked up and they were gone. No sorry we had to go note or nothing.
This last experience with them was the last straw. I've bought well over $1000 worth of stuff there in the last few years but they won't get another penny from me.
I left shaking my head in disgust and spent my money up the river.

Sorry you had a less than perfect visit. I can apologize for the service experience, but not your specifics. I can only explain some of our daily operations:

Saturdays, were busy, very busy. Sometimes we get to people as fast as possible. If somebody looks likes they need help, the guys are trained to touch bases with them. Again, I do not know the specifics of your visits or interactions.

Leaving: Yes, the doors are locked at 7PM, if we don't, the show never ends. If you knocked, the door would be answered if we heard you. I can attest, our shop is never lights out at 7:00 on Saturday. Saturdays are insane. January through mid April, it was extremely insane. Not a single night on the alarm logs is it being set anywhere close to 7PM, Saturday evening we deep clean and reset the store for opening the next business day. We OFTEN hold over for the emergency need, even going as far as taking a credit card or deferring payment and leaving the item for the client if they're going to be that late. If we missed your sense of urgency in that call, that's a comm failure and it's too bad the urgency and timeline weren't expressed or received clearly.

Barrels and parts are self service and we get ALOT of people browsing for hours in the builders section of the store. We'll still check in if we're able too. If we missed you, that's on us, we make mistakes. Most likely our staff members were working hard to get another client processed quickly. Your message is being being shared with the staff.

As far as overpriced and ridiculous, that's your opinion but I'm certain it's not a fact. I can tell you that we prices things at or below MSRP. I get a weekly inventory report that correlates our cost, sales prices and MSRP on every product in the store. Do other vendors put things on sale or buy a truckload, or sell at a loss to pay a bill? Yup, they do. Do customers mistake one variant for another? Absolutely. We price things fairly, to cover our cost of doing business and the cost of acquiring the items (Cost of goods, freight, etc..) I'd welcome specific feedback on pricing of items that are stocked locally.

Our A&D records show you purchased 2 lowers, 3 weeks apart in 2016 and no other serialized items since. You certainly could have purchased other items that weren't serialized. That's just an observation, each customers visit is important to us, be it their first visit or 20th.

We donated over $50,000 to local charities (veteran and shooting sports specific donations) last year. We volunteer at regional clean up efforts. We clean up our downtown core, over 2000 volunteer hours helping make Vancouver a better community. We volunteer at veterans events and sponsor many of them with equipment and labor.

Are we perfect? Not in the slightest, but we're trying hard every day to provide better products, services, experiences and opportunities to the local community. I would encourage you to stop by the shop for a cup of coffee, introduce yourself and shake my hand. My name is Dan. I know your name already, so I'll keep a cup ready for you.

Have a great weekend, we appreciate the feedback. It will make us a better operation in the future.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the reply... Yes, Most of my spending there has been unserialized build parts, and to be fair.. my experience there was great up until the last few months. I've referred dozens of people to you for their builds as well. I don't like giving negative feedback, especially for local brick and mortars. In hind sight maybe I should have issued my complaints via PM, because it is quite possible mine were just a coincidental series of bad experiences. I do understand busy...
As for prices... The items I was looking to buy were a little high. I did pay over retail for the V7 upper that I purchased a couple years ago. But it matched the lower, and I had to have it. It was originally priced almost $100 over, but I pointed it out and you brought the price down for me. I am used to online prices. I live 45 min from Vancouver so I've done a lot of my shopping there for convenience. Considering the costs of store front overhead, I understand they can be hard to compete with.

I'm not perfect either. I'll admit when I'm being unreasonable. I wrote that review while the experience was still fresh and a bit crabby from being in the car all day...sometimes I get a little over zealous with my rants. I apologize for being overly critical..
But hey, if nobody complains about our shortcomings, we assume we are fine and become complacent. I very much appreciate that you give back to the community.
Maybe I will stop in for a cup;)

We're on a mission to sell 6000 stripped lowers before July 1. In 4 weeks, we sold over 1000. Will ship. Will mix and match. Oregon resident? Call and order, and we'll deliver them to our Oregon FFL for pick up the following day. Flat rate shipping. Call for pricing 360-977-3808. You find a better deal out there, and it helps fund our legal fight against 1639.

Aero Precision
2 X5 for $xxx
2 M4E1 $xxx
2 x x5 $xxx

Aero Lowers.jpg

Regarding Vancouver Sporting Systems: Their website transfer processing seems to be difficult where they require additional FFL info from Buds Gun Shop that seems to be dealing with their sales into Sporting Systems on a regular basis but their reviews are marginal. Anyone have experience with them? Buds is a super sized dealer. Thanks.

I have completed multiple transfers through sporting systems. After completing my orders I go to their website and complete the online form with the info I have. If I dont have the info I can't submit it.
I haven't had an issue yet. The guys are always great to work with.

I used their site to make a drop off go much easier and cost the buyer less $. It was interesting, but had to email the gent that was there to help as he could not get the documents I provided. I guess he did not have access.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top