Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by timac, Mar 12, 2012.

1. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

yea that was a waste of time clicking on that link to basically nothing

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I'm trying....but...WAIT...No,just gas

4. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Not sure why the link isn't opening...

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Bill Text
    112th Congress (2011-2012)
    H.CON.RES.107.IH

THIS SEARCH THIS DOCUMENT GO TO
    Next Hit Forward New Bills Search
    Prev Hit Back HomePage
    Hit List Best Sections Help
    Contents Display

Print Subscribe Share/Save

Bill PDF XML
    [Help]
    Printer Friendly[Help] Congressional Record References Bill Summary & Status

H.CON.RES.107 -- Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high... (Introduced in House - IH)

HCON 107 IH

112th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. CON. RES. 107

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 7, 2012

Mr. JONES submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Whereas the cornerstone of the Republic is honoring Congress's exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that, except in response to an actual or imminent attack against the territory of the United States, the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress violates Congress's exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

5. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me