JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both and right now the Buckmark groups tighter for me, but I only have about 300 rounds through the Ruger and it is catching up. Both will shoot one big jagged 10 round hole, but the Buckmark's is slightly smaller. The longer heavier barrel on the Buckmark does come in to play in the accuracy department.

Functionally they are equally reliable with few ammo related failures with Golden Bullets. Mini-mags run 100%. The Ruger does win in the take down category though.

IMG_20200312_101221868.jpg
IMG_20200312_101516905.jpg

Last Edited:
I've had quite a few Ruger Mark pistols arrive in a brown paper lunch bag, that were disassembled and then bagged up due to frustration. If I, and my customer, have the time, we'll sit down at one of my benches and we'll go through the routine of reassembly. This usually results in a "hand-slap to the forehead", ah ha moment. It's really not all that difficult, once you learn the routine. Once an owner understands that once the barrel is positioned onto the upper, the bolt stop pin on top of the mainspring housing assembly can be used to get the holes lines up perfectly. Then, install the bolt into the receiver:
IcStn6Nl.jpg
Once done. the bolt stop pin will go easily up and through the top of the receiver. Then, reach in the back of the grip frame and use a punch or even a wood pencil, to push the hammer as far forward as possible. This action will prevent the hammer strut from hanging up on the pin used to arrest the longer leg of the sear pin.
Next, tilt the front end of the barrel upward and that will cause the hammer strut to pivot backwards and over the cupped plunger inside and above the mainspring. Start pushing the mainspring housing assembly into the grip frame until you begin to feel some slight resistance at the point where the mainspring housing body is around 1/8 inch from complete entry. What that means is, you have the hammer strut in that concave plunger PROPERLY, so push it in all the way and close the latch. ;)

I did do a stickie with pictures on how to assemble a complete Ruger Mark II grip frame that had all parts removed from beginning to end, if there's any interest for that here.