JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a super light 4" S&W 422 that's mechanically very accurate, I really like that pistol, but my heavyish Nomad just pretty much shoots itself offhand.. it's easy to do apple sized 3 second 10 shot strings at 50' all day long.

I'm struggling with whether to go heavy or Lite. I sure do like the tacticool look. But what I'm really seeking is a good plinker... something just for fun. But it must have a good trigger. If not a great trigger...

I have the MK4 22/45 target (5.5in bull barrel) and my daughter has the lite version. If you are going to just be a casual plinker, I'd opt for the lite Ruger. They have pretty thin barrels so if your gonna do a ton of plinking, then the heavy Ruger gets the nod.

I have the MK4 22/45 target (5.5in bull barrel) and my daughter has the light version. If you are going to just be a casual plinker, I'd opt for the lite Ruger. They have pretty thin barrels so if your gonna do a ton of plinking, then the heavy Ruger gets the nod.

Does it have the "one button" takedown? And if so, is that advantageous?

Yes, all the mark 4's are one button takedown. I came to the Ruger party late and have only owned the Mark 4's. Apparently all of the previous models were a bubblegum to disassemble and the struggle was real. :s0112:

You literally push a button at the rear of the frame where it meets the slide. After pushing it, you just tilt the upper and pivot it off the frame (similar to how you separate an AR upper from the lower).depending on your dexterity, you could break it down as fast as a Glock...

You literally push a button at the rear of the frame where it meets the slide. After pushing it, you just tilt the upper and pivot it off the frame (similar to how you separate an AR upper from the lower).depending on your dexterity, you could break it down as fast as a Glock...

Does that breakdown result in good access for cleaning?

Grip looks funky to me. Any additional thoughts?
I always thought they looked goofy. Then I handled one, that followed me home. It's become my current 'BFF' at the range. While more accurate than most 22s I've had, decided to answer some basic questions, so I've added a number of TDK parts, all of which have upgraded my time/accuracy.

I shot high end High Standards for decades, and numerous Rooogers of various models. I prefer S&W22 Victory at this point. I really like the modularity and ease of disassembly etc. The looks will grow on you.

Yes, I'm headed your way later today. Hopefully we can meet up before I go back home on Monday. I'll bring the new Lite as well as my old bull barrel (same length) that has the Volquartsen trigger in it.

Cool beans. I'll be around Kyle. Just give me a heads up.

My back is still down, but I can still shoot!! Probably sitting rather than standing...

Went shooting in the snow at LGRPC 100yd range with @kmk1012 and his son on Sunday afternoon. Had a great time shooting Kyle's 22/45s and a few firearms that I brought. One of the 22/45s was the Lite version and the other a Bull Barrel with a Volquartsen trigger. Holy Moly!!!! That trigger is, I believe, worth every penny!!! The standard 22/45 trigger is not bad at all, but the other trigger is a dream!!!

Thanx Kyle for the outing... had a great time! Drive home safe!!!!

Hoping next time is warmer and we can be more comfy out there.

Best regards, Stay healthy...

bb

Well don't leave us hanging, you gonna buy a MK4 22/45 or what? :D

I believe so. I want a 22/45 Lite with the Volquartsen trigger. It's light enough to be fun to shoot for long periods with my tired old/weak arms/hands. And it has that one-button takedown!

Now I just gotta get the financial part figured, and then go shopping for a lightly used one... FUN!!!

Maybe it was just my 22/45 but I had a lot of issues with rounds chambering properly. I tried a variety of rounds, both bulk and match grade with no avail.

Sounds like you got one with chamber or feed problems. I shot two on Sunday and never had an issue. If I order one, I get what I get and hope they have good customer service if there's a defect/problem.

Thx for the heads up!

I bought a 22/45 in 2000 and probably have 100,000 rounds run through it as my kids would go through 550 packs faster than greased lightening and Rugers warranty is excellent. I also have a Browning Buckmark and enjoy it as well . They are different and either one has some better qualities than the other. The Buckmark has a better trigger and grip . I will add my shooting buddy after years of shooting the 22/45 and the Buckmark bought a S@W fancy Victory 22 and it is a really. really nice pistol. Look at the S@W as well.