JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a great deal!!!

The new one I looked at in the LGS was $529 and only one mag.
I think this one looked like that at one time.

IMG_20160722_102233_zpsrzdsm4pn.jpg

The first 22 pistol I owned was a 22/45. It is was okay. The I fired a friends Buckmark. I now have a Buckmark as well. The Buckmark fits my hand better and I can shoot it better.

guess it comes down to what felt better in your hand?

I got 22/45, because I could not like regular grip angle on mark iv.

I noticed the same thing.... Single handed, the 22/45 felt great. The Buckmark hunter grip angle did not feel good single handed. But when I held it with a two handed grip, it felt fine. Weird!!!

The one big advantage to the MK's is the after market. Now of course many never care and will never buy anything. So for them it will of course not matter which. The LITE is very light. I can often shoot a little better with my old MKII that's steel and has a 5.5 tube when using the irons. Probably due to the weight and added sight radius. My person favorite is the LITE, Wife prefers the longer heavier MKII. So it's going to be a to each his own of course. Wife is still looking to buy one of the new MKIV's with a 10 inch tube. Not sure it will do much for me but what the hell. If it gets her to the range more it's fine with me :D
Now that I found out the MKIV mags fit that old MKII I ordered some more MKIV mags. Will not have to keep track of the damn mags and make sure I don't end up at the range with the wrong mags.

The dealer also had a Standard weight MarkIV that would be an option. It wasn't as cool looking as the one with the cutout tho! :D

I bought a 22/45 lite a few weeks ago in anticipation of the arrival of a suppressor. I've been extremely happy with it, it's my third Ruger 22/45. I also held the 22/45 tactical model, looks about identical to the lite but with a solid barrel making it heavier. You cannot go wrong with Ruger in my humble opinion.

I bought a 22/45 lite a few weeks ago in anticipation of the arrival of a suppressor. I've been extremely happy with it, it's my third Ruger 22/45. I also held the 22/45 tactical model, looks about identical to the lite but with a solid barrel making it heavier. You cannot go wrong with Ruger in my humble opinion.

So hard to decide!!! It will probable come down to what deals I can find, since $500+ at the LGS is more than I wanted to pay. About half that would be the right level. :)

There's a few of these around too. S&W .22 Victory. Most don't have a rail, this a a competition model with a carbon barrel. Grip looks funky to me. Any additional thoughts?

53069-DEFAULT-l.jpg

If you haven't already, check out "22 Plinkster's" YouTube channel. He's got good reviews up of the Ruger, BuckMark, and the Victory. He liked the Victory a whole lot...at least that was back when it first came out.

If you haven't already, check out "22 Plinkster's" YouTube channel. He's got good reviews up of the Ruger, BuckMark, and the Victory. He liked the Victory a whole lot...at least that was back when it first came out.
Good guns. Pay attention to how hard or easy it is to load the magazines. I forget how the Ruger and Smith are.

I have a Buckmark, swapped out the barrel for a tactical solutions barrel and put a Element 2 suppressor on it. Possibly one of my favorite pistols. Shoots lights out. IMG_20200314_071049.jpg

Last Edited:
I was deciding between the browning and ruger also, for a .22lr pistol that i could put my suppressor on. Looking at options online i kind of discounted the victory, if i remember, mainly due to it being significantly heavier. At the gun store i handled the ruger and the browning, saw a victory said hell, let me check that out too. Ended up bringing the victory home

For target I'd stay away from the Ruger Lite. I bought it for carry on the property however found myself using one of my edc's instead of a .22. A different set of grips may help me to stabilize it but...
I got a lite .
I changed the grips to match the color of my 10/22 rifle.
But I added the Hoage .
Rubber finger groves.
It makes it nice. MVIMG_20190115_130324.jpg

Thanx!! I've got another stay home day cuz my back is out, so I'll have lots of time to check out that channel.

I remember looking at a Victory when they first came out... not sure if it was .22lr. Do they even make a 9mm? Anyway, at that time I wasn't impressed with the quality and the trigger. Wouldn't mind checking out a newer one. Gunbroker has some nice deals on them used.

Might have to buy one of each??? Well, I'd need to sell something first.

I've got a super light 4" S&W 422 that's mechanically very accurate, I really like that pistol, but my heavyish Nomad just pretty much shoots itself offhand.. it's easy to do apple sized 3 second 10 shot strings at 50' all day long.