JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buddy of mine got his for $450 new in Portland. Laser works great, easy to adjust. Buttons for the laser are even adjustable to be softer or harder which is great for a pocket pistol (no accidental on). We immediately thought the trigger didn't feel right, but he wanted to try it out. He put three mags through it and the trigger locked back. He sent it back to S&W about a week and a half ago. We've been doing research and it sounds like a common problem on the first run, and they've either fixed it or sent a new gun, along with a couple extra mags for the trouble.

He is still waiting to get his back, but the people who have gotten them back say that the trigger is MUCH better than when they first bought it. For what it's worth, even with the messed up trigger, he was hitting 7s and better from 10 yards. Can't wait to see how it does without a jacked up trigger.

Been some teething problems for some of my customers, but mine has worked fine thus far.

It's actually a pretty comfortable gun to shoot, and I would feel perfectly fine recommending it to others.

The only .380 out there that I would choose over the BG380 for pocket carry is a Kahr P380.

IMG_6307.jpg

I was interested until I read about the quality problems with the laser buttons, the nasty trigger pull and the takedown lever falling out, and then S&W compounding it by not fixing them promptly.

Normally you'd expect some teething problems with a popular new gun but there have been so many reports it just turned me off the 380.

Check here for more info:

Report: Problems with new S&W Bodyguard 380

There is also a S&W Bodyguard forum with a ton more info but I can't find the link right now.

Serial numbers around EAA 7xxx or later seem to be later batches with less issues.

I'm considering the Sig P238 instead. German engineering and all that. :s0114:

Nice to see that others are not having problems with theirs. Its also good to see that S&W is standing behind their products and getting them fixed. Didn't see in there anywhere that S&w was dragging their heels getting guns fixed. If you buy a first year production gun, you have to expect a few bugs. Hoping to not have to see first hand about getting mine fixed. I have long narrow fingers and no problems activating or switching between the laser modes. It does need to be adjusted though. But its a very easy adjustment and the iron sights are very nice for a pistol this size.

I'm considering the Sig P238 instead. German engineering and all that. :s0114:

you mean american engineering right? colt mustang...p238...colt mustang...p238....

colt mustang...

image4.jpg
sig p238...

sig didn't re-invent the wheel, just stamped their name on it.

as for the BG380, I'm anticipating more first hand reports. a true pocket gun would be nice to have.

I picked up a BG380 at the Portland show a while back for $460. Overall, I'm incredibly happy with it. I agree with what others have said about the thumb safety being unnecessary on a DAO, but it also is easily ignored.

The grip area is quite a bit larger, or at least feels more substantial, than the LCP. The iron sights are on par with the P238, and I've had no problems with the laser. It definitely has a certain big gun feel to it for being a tiny 380.

I've got about 250 rounds through mine with 100% reliability.

At the WAC show today I looked at a couple of BG 380's, the Sig P238 and even a Colt Mustang for good measure. They all feel so small to me I'm not sure I could even use one without a pinky extension.

The BG380 was used and already had a problem with the laser button.

The Sig definitely has some heft to it. I guess if it jams you could always throw it! :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top