Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by XdM, Aug 29, 2009.

1. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

I've finally saved up enough reward points on my Cabela's card to buy a new gun...the only problem is that I already have my bases covered as far as hunting/carrying/plinking/and home defense.

Should I buy a new weapon or a nice new set of camo and boots for the upcoming deer season?

2. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

can you ever have enough my vote is for new gun..nice to have a choice..lol

3. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

Are your current hunting togs leaky? If not, then I'd put the money towards guns or reloading equipment if you don't already reload (maybe you do already - just a thought).

4. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I am not sure about rewards points, but if I saved up enough, I would want to buy as many guns as possible.. might look at used and buy several verses new. think about why used guns are available, and or trades.. might just find the dream of your day.

5. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Silly question. Did you ask the folks on northwestcamoandboots.com what they thought? :)

6. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

This just about sums it up.

7. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Buy ammo and get some quality trigger time in.

8. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

If you want to spend it on another gun I say do it. If you have your bases covered just buy a fun little gun to plink with like a little 22lr or something. Cheap to shoot, fun, but not very usefull.

9. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

If I had a few extra pennies, I would consider buying a single shot Harrington and Richardson rifle. Buy it in one of the top 6 calibers - .223 Rem., 243 Win., 270 Win., 30-30, .308 Win., or 30-06. These are the top selling calibers in the country. Then you can send the reciever to H&R and have the other calibers fitted to it. You can also have it fitted for various shotgun barrels. A new rifle will cost around $250 and new barrels can be fitted for around $125 (less for shotguns) including shipping. That would be a low cost method of getting a rifle that would shoot the common calibers.

10. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

No need to say any more... All great ideas!!! :gun21:

11. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

You can never be too rich, not too thin, nor have too many firearms. Then again, you can never be too rich, nor too thin, nor have too much ammo socked away for a sunny day. The solution might well be to divide your earnings and buy both: a gun that fits your desires, and the ammo that fits inside the gun.