JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've finally saved up enough reward points on my Cabela's card to buy a new gun...the only problem is that I already have my bases covered as far as hunting/carrying/plinking/and home defense.

Should I buy a new weapon or a nice new set of camo and boots for the upcoming deer season?

Are your current hunting togs leaky? If not, then I'd put the money towards guns or reloading equipment if you don't already reload (maybe you do already - just a thought).

I am not sure about rewards points, but if I saved up enough, I would want to buy as many guns as possible.. might look at used and buy several verses new. think about why used guns are available, and or trades.. might just find the dream of your day.

If you want to spend it on another gun I say do it. If you have your bases covered just buy a fun little gun to plink with like a little 22lr or something. Cheap to shoot, fun, but not very usefull.

If I had a few extra pennies, I would consider buying a single shot Harrington and Richardson rifle. Buy it in one of the top 6 calibers - .223 Rem., 243 Win., 270 Win., 30-30, .308 Win., or 30-06. These are the top selling calibers in the country. Then you can send the reciever to H&R and have the other calibers fitted to it. You can also have it fitted for various shotgun barrels. A new rifle will cost around $250 and new barrels can be fitted for around $125 (less for shotguns) including shipping. That would be a low cost method of getting a rifle that would shoot the common calibers.

You can never be too rich, not too thin, nor have too many firearms. Then again, you can never be too rich, nor too thin, nor have too much ammo socked away for a sunny day. The solution might well be to divide your earnings and buy both: a gun that fits your desires, and the ammo that fits inside the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top