1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Suavies Waterfowl hunters here??...just have a question

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by barrigadaharley, Dec 8, 2012.

1. barrigadaharley

barrigadaharley hillsboro Active Member

ive hunted suavies for 5yrs now with friends and its been getting slow on the island lateley......so i wanted to use the time tomorrow to take my 12yrld son with me and maybe take him to one of the ponds out there to sit with dad....he's not licenced and not gonna shoot.....only dad.....just want him to experience setting the decoys out with me and watch the birds come in(if they did).......question is.....is that allowed on the island(west side)......i was gonna call Rob(odfw) but misplaced his number that he gave me awhile back......my hunting buddies say its fine and no problems but just wanted to hear from someone else.....dont want to be embarrased at the shack and have Rob turn me around.....i guess theres always uuugghh North unit....
  2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If he's not holding a gun I can't imagine why it wouldn't be OK.
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Sandman86

Sandman86 Portland Member

Ive been TOLD that you can have walk alongs, aslong as they do not have a firearm. However that came from second hand info from a friend aswell, not directly from an authoritative figure. They also cannot draw.
  4. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

5. Blaze

Blaze Molalla New Member

People can walk out there with you... sometimes my buddies forget things (liscence) and they get to come hang out in the blind with us and watch.