Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any spots near Buckley, Wa?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by firemedic, Nov 13, 2009.

1. firemedic

firemedic Washington Member

Hello - Looking for a spot or two around Buckley, Wa. Don't mind a drive of a half hour or so...as long as it's secluded.
    Thanks

2. Ishyid

Ishyid Bonney Lake New Member

Well it all depends on what type of shooting you are planning. If your looking for a indoor pistol range the closes is going to be The Marksman in puyallup. If you looking for a outdoor rifle range the closes is Paul Bunyans Gun Club. The only downside to that is it is membership only. If your looking for an area to shoot high power rifles and is free, then you are in the same boat as me. You can shoot in the mountains but I know there are certain laws and areas that you cannot shoot. I'm still trying to figure the laws out. Gonna go talk to the Sherita today actually and see what they have to say. But your best bet is up past Greenwater. Take some fire service roads and find an old gravel pit. Happy shooting.

-Joshua

P.S. What fire department do you work for?

3. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

Hello Joshua, have you found any info/areas of places to shoot in the woods (free)? My cousin bought a shotgun for home defense and he's looking for a place to take it out and try it. He's not much of a shooter so getting a membership is not likely. He lives in Bonney Lake, kind of your neck of the woods.

Thanks you

4. komodo_dragon

komodo_dragon Enumclaw New Member

Actually, the Black Diamond Gun club allows public shooting on Wed evenings and most of the day Saturdays for a nominal fee ($5, last time I went), so you don't have to be a member.
    They have an outdoor shotgun (skeet) range, and an outdoor pistol and rifle range. The folks there are very nice and helpful. Hope this helps

5. Ishyid

Ishyid Bonney Lake New Member

GalloGiro. If it's only a shotgun I would go up to Wilkeson and shoot. Find some back roads and take them.

6. Snopczynski

Snopczynski Bonney Lake, WA Member

Most of the spots anywhere near buckley and Enumclaw have been posted as no shoot zones. I drive out to Alder and shoot on my friends property. It is an hour drive, but I get to shoot as far as I want.