JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So.... I picked up a real nice P220 cop just before Christmas and finally got to take it to the range last week. My initial results where somewhat disappointing as I the pistol had multiple failure to ejects in fact it would fire the initial round but the extractor would not grab on to the spent shell casing. I tried a few different mags and ammo types all with the same results.

When I got home I cleaned it up and noticed that the extractor was not seated completely and I was able snap it into place with a little pressure. Hand cycled abot 30 rounds with out a single FTE.

Went back to the range today to give it another go and things looked good until about the 5th round fired then the FTE started again on closer inspection the internal extractor had once again slipped out of place, I pushed it back into place and got another 3-4 rounds down range and it all again

So my uneducated conclusion is that the extractor is failing, kinda disappointing sine the reason I switched from my 1911 to the sig was for better reliability but stuff happens and I am not to worried about what I am hoping is a minor issue.

I can send it back to sig and have them fix it but depending on if they pick up the shipping charges it may be cheaper to just to the replacement extractor myself

Has anybody else had simlar issues? Can a a novice replace this part.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy - is this covered in that Sig Armorer's video? I think that getting the extractor out and replacing it should be pretty straight forward on the 220...

The extractor bar sits in the groove when properly seated. I'm guessing you are not pushing it all the way into the groove or it's sprung and has no tension to keep it in the groove.

You need a small screwdriver to pry it out of the groove, then lift up on the claw end to rotate it out of the pocket.

If you are putting a lot of pressure on it, you are doing it wrong. it's not hard to remove. Youtube has a video somewhere.

I have the sig DVD, just have not had the time to watch, the extractor seems loose to me as it is fairly easy to wiggle back and forth.

I am planning on calling sig in the morning, hopefully they will send me a prepaid shipping label

In the end I feel I did the smart thingnand just sent it back to Sig. They emailed me a prepaid shipping label.

I am on the hunt for a P6 that I can rebuild and refinish, I will let that be my learn as I go gun vrs the P220

Thanks all

Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top