JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought one used off of GB 6-7 years ago....was a problem child from day one. All sorts of feeding issues...contacted SIG and was told since I wasnt the original owner, Id have to pay for them to look at it. I liked it, a lot, but not enough to dump an unknown amount of money into. Sold it at a loss letting them know of the problems.

If it doesnt start there, go to the 5:30 mark.

I bought an MCX a couple of years later to give them another chance....that turned into a BCG recall and then a redesing and dwindling support for gen 1 guns..:confused: I really havent had the best of luck with Sig :rolleyes:

Which sucks, because ai liked them both.

WOW that one is a pos I would be embarrassed . I have three of them and zero issues they use any magazine aftermarket parts are about zero . I still like the rifle and believe it is underrated and cheap for a dedicated piston rifle enjoy yours . You don't need replacement parts just don't break anything lol

Yup.....I've had my share of lemons over the years....I really liked the 556, but yes, that one was junk....tainted me, havent been able to bring myself to try another.

I have one. Got it cheap off of GB. Sadly it does not come with a folding stock or diopter rear sight that I love. Shoots great, but I do not shoot it much. Shoots brass way out!

Bought one used off of GB 6-7 years ago....was a problem child from day one. All sorts of feeding issues...contacted SIG and was told since I wasnt the original owner, Id have to pay for them to look at it. I liked it, a lot, but not enough to dump an unknown amount of money into. Sold it at a loss letting them know of the problems.

If it doesnt start there, go to the 5:30 mark.

I bought an MCX a couple of years later to give them another chance....that turned into a BCG recall and then a redesing and dwindling support for gen 1 guns..:confused: I really havent had the best of luck with Sig :rolleyes:

Which sucks, because ai liked them both.
Is that you in the video? Either way, that is sad and unfortunate. Wondering if the problem was figured out?

Is that you in the video? Either way, that is sad and unfortunate. Wondering if the problem was figured out?

Yes, thats me. Have no idea whether it got fixed or not. Didnt matter what kind of ammo/mag/gas setting, always had issues. Either FTE or wouldnt puck up the next round...I gave up trying to diagnose.

Gave my son my 556xi for a graduation present. Never a hiccup with it for either one of us. He contacted Sig and they said that it is still supported for repairs.

I have an early gun with swiss parts. Wish I could find another.
Runs like a top and Cadillac smoooooooooth.
black guns 019 (3).jpg DSCN4369.JPG black guns 022.jpg

Last Edited:
Are you guys all talking about 7.62x39 guns? It's not clear from the posts which versions u have.

I thought the 7.62x39s were problematic -at least the early ones- but the 5.56 guns were good? I don't own any, that is just what I gathered when researching them a few years ago. I always thought about getting a 5.56 version.

Are you guys all talking about 7.62x39 guns? It's not clear from the posts which versions u have.

I thought the 7.62x39s were problematic -at least the early ones- but the 5.56 guns were good? I don't own any, that is just what I gathered when researching them a few years ago. I always thought about getting a 5.56 version.

Mine was 5.56

I dont wanna sound like I'm bashing ( ok, I may be a little )... my one particular example was a dud. Which sucked, because as Ive said, I liked it, a lot. It should have been the best blend of AK ruggedness and AR mags and ammo....oh well.

I realllllly wanna like SIG....I do....but they seem to be so hit and miss in the QC department along with "we will let the end user beta test"...I'm over them.

Had one years ago.

Fish gill furniture and popsicle rear sight.

Never had a malfunction, and never shot better than a 6 inch group at 100 yards. Canted rear rail that that used all the available rear sight adjustment to zero, if you call all over the paper zero

Sig refused to do anything when I called, since the gun was modified with a CA bullet button mag release. Guy on the phone was actually excited to tell me he couldn't warranty it due to the modification.

Heard later that Sig relented, and would warranty CA guns, but I was pissed, and sold it for pennies to a guy who knew the issues it had.

Never again will I buy a Sig that isn't a P 22X series pistol.

So I finished up my rifle. Put on a Magpul fixed carbine buttstock. Then I had found some 'fishgill' front handguards at Numrich, but they were that wierd digicam. I got a can of Brownell's Alumnihyde in Dark Earth and took care of the golor mismatch. Baked the pant on in the oven overnight.

rifle.JPG

front.JPG

butt.JPG

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR