JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Coastal Farm stores sell fuel tanks of different sizes and shapes tha are about perfect for your pickups. Add an electric or hand pump and you can extend your miles a long ways. I put one in my small gas truck that holds 57 gallons. I fill it when gas is low in price and run it out when the gas prices climb. It has paid for itself many times.

Weight is a problem as it adds over 400 lbs to the rig when full so sometimes I will fill the wifes car out of it to keep the weight down. At 25 miles to the gallon and 69 total gallons I can travel a long ways before I run out. Why mess with them damn cans:D:D:s0155:

jj

Fuel cans are a hassle, but we use them to store our stove and lantern fuel. Keeping the vehicle tank topped off is a given, but there are no plans for any road travel in a SHTF scenario. To easy to stop a vehicle, with either check points, road blocks, abandoned vehicles, weapons fire, roofing nails, or molotov cocktails. Besides Blockbuster would probably be closed anyway.

I swear they learned me differently in school... :huh:

Now between you and my wife you're trying to change the rules on us!

(sigh) Ain't can't win for losing...
I went thru grade school in the 60s and it was pounded into us "and I". There have been a couple of grammar changes pop up I don't agree with in the last few years, I can't remember specifics right now (I suffer from CRS Syndrome), but they'll come to I....:D

My grandma used to pinch me when I wouldn't use "And I" :D

Remove the other subject and use the pronoun only. Your ear will tell you the right form when you try it that way.

"That would be a great thing for Mr. Link and I" becomes "That would be a great thing for I" with the pronoun alone and you know to use "me."

Another way is to substitute "we" or "us" for the compound subject.

Where you'd say "we," use "and I."

Where you'd say "us," use "and me."

Yeah, I'm another grammar Nazi. I normally don't wear the jackboots in public, though. :-|

Anyone wanna post picks of SHTF gear?

Three day packs and the like? This weekend we're heading up to the mountains, I'll post some picks of our shelters and some of the gear we bring. ..Which consists of a knife, hatchet, and fire steel. Tarp and 550 cord. :) Some crafty knots.. 1lb bag of beef jerky...

Y'know, the Foodsaver packages have been pretty durable. You can vac-pack TP and get it down to a small package that's waterproof, too. Vac-Pack the ammo, too.

That's what I use for my pack food. I travel for work weekly, so a 3 day pack lives in my pickup. I break down instant mashed potatos and rice dishes into single servings and use the food saver. Write on them with a sharpy what they are and instructions and they're waterproof, and keep a good shelf life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top