JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been looking at them off and on for the last couple years and mostly pretty impressed.

I have been wanting a 9MM 1911 for some time and have looked at a couple RIAs and other than the 'mediocre' finish, the fit and actions were great and with better than average triggers.

I'll eventually own one !

It looks like they have the reverse taper bull barrel that does not use a traditional barrel bushing. Any pros or cons? Both my other 1911's use the straight barrel and bushing.

Have had one since 2007. Runs like a top.

pistola de filipinas.jpg

I have one of the 10mm 1911s It works fine I think the magazines are cheap, but they are easily replaced with better ones .

I had one in 45. Used all sorts of magazines including surplus GI mags with no problems. Obviously on the lower end price wise but was reliable, accurate and suited my needs at the time.

On a 1911 forum years ago, I read that Armscor (RIA) had bought the old Colt tooling and machinery. Also that they made 1911s on Colt-supplied "gun-making stuff" during WW2. No idea if correct, but seems reasonable ... wish I had bought one when they were $259 at some dealers. WHOOPS.

Yes, I'm assuming that "Colt machinery" would give some magical powers to the piece ... o_O

Last Edited:
On a 1911 forum years ago, I read that Armscor (RIA) had bought the old Colt tooling and machinery. Also that they made 1911s on Colt-supplied "gun-making stuff" during WW2. No idea if correct, but seems reasonable ... wish I had bought one when they were $259 at some dealers. WHOOPS.

Yes, I'm assuming that "Colt machinery" would give some magical powers to the piece ... o_O
Or be old and worn out...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top