JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

A buddy I shoot speed steel with picked one up recently. I was able to handle it a t the last match but due to time constraints, I was unable to shoot it.

He said he had about 300rds through it with no issues. I'll be sure to get an update from him at the March match.

I have a G44.

Originally it struggled. Different ammo caused different failures. At the same time, some ammo operated with 100% reliability. I resisted posting my results here, as folks that had not handled this pistol were so biased against it, there was no way my testing would be received objectively. I continued reporting my results to @LuckySG , the dealer who sold me the gun, and I asked him to not share my findings until they were more conclusive. He did offer to have the pistol replaced, or my purchase refunded. I declined that offer.

I kept at it, trying to diagnose the failures, and after many hundreds of rounds, I've discovered what works and what does not work, and the failures have subsided.

My last couple of range trips with this pistol have been very pleasing, and I now very much appreciate this little pistol. I could not have imagined such a pistol would benefit from an extended break-in period involving many hundred of rounds, but there's really no other explanation.

Last Edited:
I have a G44.

Originally it struggled. Different ammo caused different failures. At the same time, some ammo operated with 100% reliability. I resisted posting my results here, as folks that had not handled this pistol were so biased against it, there was no way my testing would be received objectively. I continued reporting my results to @LuckySG , the dealer who sold me the gun, and I asked him to not share my findings until they were more conclusive. He did offer to have the pistol replaced, or my purchase refunded. I declined that offer.

I kept at it, trying to diagnose the failures, and after many hundreds of rounds, I've discovered what works and what does not work, and the failures have subsided.

My last couple of range trips with this pistol have been very pleasing, and I now very much appreciate this little pistol. I could not have imagined such a pistol would benefit from an extended break-in period involving many hundred of rounds, but there's really no other explanation.

Mine is still in the case and I only looked at briefly when I picked it up from @LuckySG shortly after you got yours.

One of these days I might actually have some time to go shoot the danged thing.... :s0058:

I had 3 failures in the first mag. Have had failures with some regularity, but random. I have been shooting 40 gr bulk ammo, as I had heard it has problems with 36/38 grain. I do not have 500 rounds through it, so I am hoping it gets better. Overall, I have been FAR more impressed by the Taurus TX22 I bought around the same time. Best $250 22 pistol I have ever seen. The trigger is insane compared to the G44.

I've gotten to shoot a friends. I put several mags through it. He seemed numb to his purchase. Because of his issues and thoughts on it, I'm gonna wait to purchase one. I want to, but I feel like Glock totally screwed up releasing this gun. No one asked for this gun, that I know of, and with the insane overhyped marketing followed by a really troubled release. It kind of puts a sour flavor in my mouth.

My friend showed me how to load it, following those online reporting success. You literally have to baby each round and load the mags very cautiously. If you don't load the mags a certain way it will have more feeding issues. He showed me the difference between loading it hap hazardly and slowly. Big difference. It actually would run better if you take five minutes to load one mag (I'm being sarcastic here) but I really thought it was stupid to have to take more time loading the mag than it takes to fire it. The plunger tabs on the mags are useless. Use those to pull the follower down too far and the rounds don't stack right, which caused jams.

His gun had a lot of first round failure to feeds. Round just dove straight into the mag. He figures this is the failure those that had guns go boom had. The breech of the slide literally could hit the rim hard enough during this type of jam to ignite the primer. If you load 9 rounds in the mag, it helped reduce the first round feed issue, further reducing the guns already low capacity. Occasionally it would have failure to extracts. The more annoying failures were with lighter bullet weight bulk ammo, just as reported elsewhere.

I liked the gun itself. Felt like a Glock 19 in every regard. It is absolutely stupid light. That's the cool part about it. It weighs nothing. Even loaded. So for kids to shoot a full size(ish) gun without struggling to hold it upright, this gun would be great.

It is certainly a TRAINER as in it trains you to load magazines, and clear failures. If you like training to do these things, and spend little time actually shooting and hitting targets, this gun is definitely for you.

Everyone that owns a G44 that is having issues, needs to send them back to Glock for warranty work. Give them a chance to make it right. If they can't or won't, then let the full on bashing commence in earnest! Just my .02 and I wish you guys luck!

I've gotten to shoot a friends. I put several mags through it. He seemed numb to his purchase. Because of his issues and thoughts on it, I'm gonna wait to purchase one. I want to, but I feel like Glock totally screwed up releasing this gun. No one asked for this gun, that I know of, and with the insane overhyped marketing followed by a really troubled release. It kind of puts a sour flavor in my mouth.

My friend showed me how to load it, following those online reporting success. You literally have to baby each round and load the mags very cautiously. If you don't load the mags a certain way it will have more feeding issues. He showed me the difference between loading it hap hazardly and slowly. Big difference. It actually would run better if you take five minutes to load one mag (I'm being sarcastic here) but I really thought it was stupid to have to take more time loading the mag than it takes to fire it. The plunger tabs on the mags are useless. Use those to pull the follower down too far and the rounds don't stack right, which caused jams.

His gun had a lot of first round failure to feeds. Round just dove straight into the mag. He figures this is the failure those that had guns go boom had. The breech of the slide literally could hit the rim hard enough during this type of jam to ignite the primer. If you load 9 rounds in the mag, it helped reduce the first round feed issue, further reducing the guns already low capacity. Occasionally it would have failure to extracts. The more annoying failures were with lighter bullet weight bulk ammo, just as reported elsewhere.

I liked the gun itself. Felt like a Glock 19 in every regard. It is absolutely stupid light. That's the cool part about it. It weighs nothing. Even loaded. So for kids to shoot a full size(ish) gun without struggling to hold it upright, this gun would be great.

It is certainly a TRAINER as in it trains you to load magazines, and clear failures. If you like training to do these things, and spend little time actually shooting and hitting targets, this gun is definitely for you.

Yeah, I've heard more bad than good. I handled one at Northwest Armory last week. Not impressed and honestly it feels "too light" like a toy.

Shame on Glock for dumping this thing into the market without putting more R&D into it. Reminds me of another brand that likes to use the public to beta test their products. Sigh, I don't get it.

I haven't had a chance to try one, and since .22LR does nothing for me, won't likely. It is a pity because Glock has enjoyed an unbroken record of putting out a series of very reliable, quality handgun, at a reasonable rate, for decades. Few companies can boast said. :(

I am 99.9 % certain that I am going to do the SW MP Compact because the reports on the Glock are awful. Same thing happened with Colt's release of the New Python--problems.

I am 99.9 % certain that I am going to do the SW MP Compact because the reports on the Glock are awful. Same thing happened with Colt's release of the New Python--problems.

I have been toying around with getting a .22lr "trainer" type pistol and the M&P is top on my list.

90% of all my (traditional, think unbraced) pistols are Glocks, my first gun was a Glock. I love my Glocks. Until Glock threads that 44 barrel I am out. OP I have two SW MP Compacts, too much fun to shoot. They all have the "threaded" barrel but the regular ones require a special tool to take off the thread protector and an adaptor to run a 1/2 28 suppressor. They have one out now that comes with the adaptor, I would strongly suggest getting that one.

Also, the reason I have two of the SW MP Compacts, #1 they get dirty as any .22 does and can end the range trip sooner than the kids want. #2 with mags costing as much as they do for these things buying a whole 2nd gun gave me 2 more mags. SIG SRD22 can on these and they are just a blast to shoot.

IMO if you want a little semi 22 that runs get an SR22, it'll eat anything.

I've shot Glocks for years, many years but have never owned one. I have a couple friends who Glock, I can shoot them whenever I want and can even hit what I'm shooting at. Someday maybe I'll own one, can't imagine why but never say never right?

Be that as it may I haven't heard a whole lot of confidence inspiring stories regarding the G44, seems sort of like the Sig Mosquito really finicky.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top