JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too bad they use so much plastic. I'll have to measure it after I get it (prob Tuesday or wed). Without having seen it in person, I'm thinking cut existing tube and install metal threaded collar to accept the folding adapter. But depends on diameter. That way no plastic welding required and much stiffer than plastic.
Was just thinking about how I did the folding stock on my Vepr-12 and you might be able to pull off similar with the plastic and some glue...

you can get the ACE folding stock adapter for AK-47 that converts to M4 style buffer. cut off the buffer tube, grind a notch for the raised portion into the plastic, drill 2-4 holes into the plastic partially (not all the way through) and thread them or just force the screws into the holes to self tap and put some locktite on them and a bit of epoxy on the adapter between the plastic and the adapter and square it up and tighten it down. Double check it's alligned properly and let it sit overnight to cure. Should give a nice solid mount without having to bore out the rear but gives a nice M4 rear piece to mount a buffer tube and stock to, and it folds!

couple ideas here for that:
This is what I have on my Vepr-12
ACE Saiga folding AR15 car mechanism AK

or this + pig nose...downside is the pig nose doesn't center the buffer tube with an end plate like the ace folder does...
SAIGA FOLDING MECHANISM AK47 PUSH Button ACE

Was just thinking about how I did the folding stock on my Vepr-12 and you might be able to pull off similar with the plastic and some glue...

you can get the ACE folding stock adapter for AK-47 that converts to M4 style buffer. cut off the buffer tube, grind a notch for the raised portion into the plastic, drill 2-4 holes into the plastic partially (not all the way through) and thread them or just force the screws into the holes to self tap and put some locktite on them and a bit of epoxy on the adapter between the plastic and the adapter and square it up and tighten it down. Double check it's alligned properly and let it sit overnight to cure. Should give a nice solid mount without having to bore out the rear but gives a nice M4 rear piece to mount a buffer tube and stock to, and it folds!

couple ideas here for that:
This is what I have on my Vepr-12
ACE Saiga folding AR15 car mechanism AK

or this + pig nose...downside is the pig nose doesn't center the buffer tube with an end plate like the ace folder does...
SAIGA FOLDING MECHANISM AK47 PUSH Button ACE
Some good ideas there thx! I've gone to folders on all tactical long guns cuz they are just so darn convenient and fun. The exception might be the upcoming PSA MP5 which is supposed to come out in early 2019. Might go with a collapsible brace on that one if I can find a legal minimalistic one. The old school uzi type and other type skeleton braces I don't think would be legal. I'm really happy with the little sig brace with sig folding adapter but on a little mp5 would be nice to get something more skeletonized or that collapses up (or folds up) even smaller.

Picking one of these up for plinking and was wondering what r the common upgrades that most poeple do. Especially looking for weak points in the design (i have not handled it yet).

The only mods I am 100% sure I will do are some sort of folding stock, binary trigger, and suppressor (if it ever gets out of jail that is).

Thanks for any ideas or experience re weak points of the design. Cheers!

Got rifle and only a few test shots so far. Sure is a light gun (but that means lots of plastic used). I'm excited that it uses a regular ar trigger group.

Re folding adapter it looks like there is about 1/4 of polymer that can provide the base to drill into for bolts. Using countersunk bolts and locknuts should work well. Here is a diagram that I hope makes sense. That's how I would do it anyway. Gonna shoot it in normal stock configuration for a bit.

C82D1577-0CB4-48E9-93F0-1A077D4CA53D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top