Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Landhawk Arms
Gun Deals
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Any recommendations for safe spot in Tilamook area?

Reactions
Everytime I go to wolf creek the lanes are full, last year when I decided to just find my own spot in the forest, some nut jobs were shooting out of their truck window while driving and we almost got hit by a stray round.

This year my 11 year old wants to come shooting with me and I need to find someplace that is a safe area to shoot with him. I'm in Hillsboro so anything within an hour of here.

I know it's a big ask nowadays. Feel free to PM a location..I always bring trash bags and clean up after.

Flymph

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
The salmonberry area off of HWY 26 and Brown's Camp off HWY 6... information is all over the forums.

Reno

Reactions
There are roughly 10-20 good spots within the McGregor Basin area (Wolf Creek Road exit). Drive around a bit and you’ll find a few that aren’t too far from the NFWC lanes.

Or drive passed North Fork to Music Road, also the McGregor Basin area just further west. There are some good spots to be found there as well.

Reactions
Depending on how close you are to Knappa the BKS Sportsmens club is great. We have Trap, Rifle and Pistol range, archery, and a knife/tomahawk range (in development), also free training for members on Sunday mornings. Plus more.

OP
D
Reactions
There are roughly 10-20 good spots within the McGregor Basin area (Wolf Creek Road exit). Drive around a bit and you’ll find a few that aren’t too far from the NFWC lanes.

Or drive passed North Fork to Music Road, also the McGregor Basin area just further west. There are some good spots to be found there as well.
Thanks I appreciate the suggestions

Reactions
Me and my wife have a secret spot just after browns camp off hwy 6 but you have to hike or bike in.
Just after the browns camp turn in there is a bridge that crosses the wilson river we park after the
bridge and there is a gated access road, about a mile and a half down the trail there is a walking
bridge. Across from the bridge there is a nice backstop, been going there to mountain bike and
shoot since the early nineties.

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS