JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everytime I go to wolf creek the lanes are full, last year when I decided to just find my own spot in the forest, some nut jobs were shooting out of their truck window while driving and we almost got hit by a stray round.

This year my 11 year old wants to come shooting with me and I need to find someplace that is a safe area to shoot with him. I'm in Hillsboro so anything within an hour of here.

I know it's a big ask nowadays. Feel free to PM a location..I always bring trash bags and clean up after.

There are roughly 10-20 good spots within the McGregor Basin area (Wolf Creek Road exit). Drive around a bit and you'll find a few that aren't too far from the NFWC lanes.

Or drive passed North Fork to Music Road, also the McGregor Basin area just further west. There are some good spots to be found there as well.

There are roughly 10-20 good spots within the McGregor Basin area (Wolf Creek Road exit). Drive around a bit and you'll find a few that aren't too far from the NFWC lanes.

Or drive passed North Fork to Music Road, also the McGregor Basin area just further west. There are some good spots to be found there as well.
Thanks I appreciate the suggestions

Me and my wife have a secret spot just after browns camp off hwy 6 but you have to hike or bike in.
Just after the browns camp turn in there is a bridge that crosses the wilson river we park after the
bridge and there is a gated access road, about a mile and a half down the trail there is a walking
bridge. Across from the bridge there is a nice backstop, been going there to mountain bike and
shoot since the early nineties.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews