JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from one side of the country to another addressed to yourself? Sending the frame separately and the slide, barrel is three separate boxes??? Addressed to your self.

The "receiver" or the serialized frame (what holds the trigger group) is considered the "gun" by ATF. It doesn't matter that you send everything in pieces. If not done legally you could face prosecution and lose your gun rights. My advice, transfer it. Legally. From one FFL to another.

Any advice posted here encouraging mailing it in "pieces" will result in this thread disappearing.

Last Edited:
Depends on the gun
A Sig,the trigger group is the firearm on one model.
Whatever part has the serial number on it is "the gun"
In the case of a hand gun,that part needs to be sent to a ffl

Hold on.... EXCEPT when a firearm (Glock for example) has matching S/N's on parts like the barrel, slide, and frame.... legally the frame (for Glock) is the firearm. ;)

This house is so confusing.... so many doors! :confused:

Many parts of the pistol can be shipped, as they are just "parts". The actual "pistol" is one particular part (or assembly of parts). I am not expert enough to tell you which part/assembly that is.
The part that accepts the magazine is the easiest way to remember which part is the registered part

Hold on.... EXCEPT when a firearm (Glock for example) has matching S/N's on parts like the barrel, slide, and frame.... legally the frame (for Glock) is the firearm. ;)

This house is so confusing.... so many doors! :confused:
Oh contrare,the slide on a glock is just a slide
I would like presidence of someone buying a slide thru an FFL.
I have bought slides for glocks before without a FFL ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top