JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My whole endeavor with the scope mount is proof I'm still new lol. First single piece mount I bought for this build was 30mm rather than 1in so now I have a spare mount from Redfield.

Then when I purchased this solution I didn't think to get one with a little higher clearance and further from charging handle.

I take my short comings this time as a learning experience for the Next!

We've all been there at one point of our lives, dont sweat it.;)

Really???o_O
Correct. Nikon states clearly there are only two ways these mounts are to be mounted; forward, and reversed for their ultra compact scopes.

785F7EEA-6C63-4166-8AD7-43F34672CB2B.jpeg BCCB3948-8DF1-4547-A1A3-DC61CEADA96A.jpeg

Then again, you don't seem to give a sh!t about an explanation since you're mocking my post in other threads. Thank Joe for the ignore button.

Correct. Nikon states clearly there are only two ways these mounts are to be mounted; forward, and reversed for their ultra compact scopes.

View attachment 417946 View attachment 417947

Then again, you don't seem to give a sh!t about an explanation since you're mocking my post in other threads. Thank Joe for the ignore button.
Learned something about the two piece mount. Mine is setup incorrect right now. Thanks for the info.

7F60AC8D-64DB-4A5A-9AD2-89BE67C3C1B8.jpeg Probably the most precision scope mounts on the planet are commonly mounted on the receiver bridging to the barrel. Off course, they are hand fit by master craftsmen. My German Claw mounts allow a scope to be removed and replaced without any change in zero. Both the mounts and labor to mount them are very expensive requiring as much as 10 hours of hand fitting just to install. In this day and age of cheep equipment and minimal craftsmanship things have changed. Germans have been using claw mounts for 100 years. If your gun doesn't have enough precision to align the receiver and barrel mounted rails.......you have more problems than a scope mount. Off course lapping rings that used to be standard practice is nessasary .notice there are no clamps on the scope rings.....everything is hand soldered in place. The Germans prefer a soldered or rail mount because it doesn't torque the scope tube.

Last Edited:

View attachment 417946 View attachment 417947

Just received a reply from Nikon support stating my mounting is fine so should not be any issues. I included an image when I submitted the ticket of my mount along with the text. It was the same image I uploaded in this thread (second one after I put both on the upper).

My Question (Image not shown but I uploaded 1.jpg for them to see)

1.PNG

Response VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

2.PNG

best customer service ever!! im pretty sold on vortex.i have 3 of their scopes/optics now. all are solid.

im not knocking the OPs mount choice but im guessing that if OP put the lapping alignment tools in those rings it would be off and would require a "lap job." :D

im sold on 1 piece mounts. i prefer warne.

(i had nancys today BTW lol)
My buddy told me about a place in Portland that does lapping, no rings required.. as for customer service... they literally bend over backwards for you! I think they charge like $30 or $40 though.

OK, so I am at a loss to understand how (as long as both mounts are on the receiver) having the mounts 'back-to-back' is an issue. o_O Or even both 'backwards'.
View attachment 417968
I always thought (as a mere layman) that those dogleg rings add absolutely nothing save weakness and complexity to the equation.. especially on a setup like this..

367652-e9a9e41d315b6f5442d3c66daa58585f.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top