JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, so I've been trying to find somewhere where I can learn tactical drills for home defense and such but I just keep finding run-of-the-mill ranges where they freak out it you draw from your hip kind of thing.

I'm trying to find somewhere where they either have classes on tactical drills or have a tactical drill range. Any info would be awesome.

Appreciate it guys!

My suggestion would be to take up IDPA shooting. There are numerous ranges that host IDPA comps.

West Coast Armory has classes on shooting IDPA. Of course there are rules in IDPA, it is a game after all, that don't exist in real life but it's still good training. I've taken several classes from Caleb Giddings at WCA and they were good.

schibbyzoltan get your butt out to Kitsap Rifle & Revolver. If you show up on Friday i can work with you to get you started. We also have Fun Steel, USPSA. Falling plate and a lot of fun.

I have no idea what you mean by "tactical drills"....but if you want to learn the fundamentals (as well as advanced skills) of defensive shooting and mindset, Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS) is highly recommended.

I have not been to either, but the two places I have heard good things about are:

InSights Training Center - Gun and Combat Training in Bellevue

The Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc. near Centralia

Check them out for youself and ask around, but I was planning on taking a few classes from FAS. They seem to have ties to several big names in the industry.

My suggestion would be to take up IDPA shooting. There are numerous ranges that host IDPA comps.

West Coast Armory has classes on shooting IDPA. Of course there are rules in IDPA, it is a game after all, that don't exist in real life but it's still good training. I've taken several classes from Caleb Giddings at WCA and they were good.

I don't think WCA has any IDPA classes anymore. Caleb moved to South Dakota. I do basic IDPA classes At Norpoint range in Arlington and at Renton Fish & Game Range. I'm also working with Rob Potter from Nighthawk Custom Firearms on doing some advanced IDPA classes soon.

Damon
dmonwai - YouTube

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews