JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Head to Selah and find Sheep Country Rd. and follow it to Old Durr Rd. Take that out into the hills to the northwest and there's lots of places to shoot out there. Just make sure you get out far enough so you're not bothering the few people that have settled out there. Take a 4 wheel drive if possible, the roads are really rough up there. In the summer watch out for rattle snakes! Those little buggers give me the creeps!!

East of Moxee is an actual gun range. It has been a long time since I have been there. I can't remember how far out. It is on the south side of the road.

Its ben a few weeks. I signed up in the one east of Moxee ( Sun Valley ? ). Nice long range shooting and a good facility. Ive also been up on the land towards LT Murray from Sheep Country. Gives me a good chance to get the 4WD juices pumping. Lots of good shooting around here.

Yes there are lots of good shooting places over there...........you lucky #&*#%*#!! I'm stuck on the commie side of the state! Plus it always rains over here!
Seriously, lots of open country over there. If you get a chance, sign up to get access to the Yakima Firing Center. You have to register to get on there and they'll do a background check and they require that you register each specific rifle or shotgun you'll be using,(no hundguns allowed). There are some other restrictions too but you get access to thousands of acres of land and lots of coyotes!

Yes there are lots of good shooting places over there...........you lucky #&*#%*#!! I'm stuck on the commie side of the state! Plus it always rains over here!
Seriously, lots of open country over there. If you get a chance, sign up to get access to the Yakima Firing Center. You have to register to get on there and they'll do a background check and they require that you register each specific rifle or shotgun you'll be using,(no hundguns allowed). There are some other restrictions too but you get access to thousands of acres of land and lots of coyotes!

First of all it does not always rain here. That is a myth. Yes it is wetter than some parts of the US but not all the time. This last summer was one of the hottest and driest summers we have had in awhile. I looked into getting on the Firing Center to hunt deer. There are way too many regs involved for a civilian to get access, it takes all of the fun out of it. No handguns........really? In order to get on the Center to hunt, you fall just slightly short of a full background check. You have to register your fire arm with them. That includes the brand of the fire arm, the SERIAL #, what kind of optics and any other attachments. What caliber your fire arm is, and I was also asked how many rounds I will be carrying. I do not know anything about a gun range on the Center but I sure will not be hunting there.

I'm going to try signing up out on the training grounds. Not like I havent had multiples of BG checks over the years. One more won't hurt.

From what Ive seen so far the Wenas wildlife area on the way to LT Murray heading up sheep company road has the best shooting grounds I've ever seen. Pick your distance up there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top