JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I grew up in the area. There are all kinds of places to shoot in the area. Only problem is the time of year. All the areas are only accessable via snowmobile, Skinny ski, or snowshoe's. Get out during the months when it's snow clear. There's lots to do up there.

There are some great outdoor spots in that area. You can try heading out toward the Little Wenatchee River and there are spots along FS6700. There is also a pit by Chiwakum Creek but it may not be accessible right now because of road construction. The Chiwakum spot is accessed by turning off of the highway on the East side of Chiwakum Creek (trail head is on the westside of the creek) and follow either of the dirt roads up the hill. At the top of the short hill (4x4 is encouraged), there is a pit to the left which is a safe spot and on FS land. There are tons of FS roads too that can be accessed and there are places to shoot. Just be aware of Private Property, know your target and back stop and you should be all good. I live in the area and shoot up there all of the time so there are definitely spots that I cannot disclose for fear of being flogged by friends.

Thanks for the info. I have a cabin on the lake and need a place to shoot over there.

would the road your talking about at Chiwakum Creek be NF-7906?

Again thank you for the info.

I made a little Google Map for you. It is actually west of both NF 7906 and NF 7908. You will see the water treatment ponds and just continue driving passed the ponds and up the hill. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zLfL8x2VjC48.kzWl5AZ-aY2Q
You can also try heading up NF-150 which is just up Beaver Valley Rd. (I think the 2nd Rt.). You can head up the road and since the hillside is steep, there should be some earthen backstops along some of the logging zones. Send me a PM next time you are at Lk. Wenatchee and if I am available, I will show you around the area if you want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top