JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, new here.

Is there any good places to legally shoot up in Monroe/Sultan around the Ben Howard road? I know about Reiter up in Monroe but I dont know if it's still legal to shoot up there, heard it was turned into a ORV park?

Any ideas? Specifically, is there anywhere I can get up there in current weather conditions in a RWD Car with Studded Rear tires, no chains.

Thanks- Jim

I am interested as well, so tagging along to see the reponses. I am moving to Monroe in Jan, 2011.

What kind of shooting do you do, maybe we should hook up sometime.

jim (ironically we have the same name as well)

Right now I only have a Sig P6, good pistol, good deal. Normally I hit my local "Square" ranges, but I'd like to get out somewhere I can run the gun fast, kill a few pop cans, and maybe see how many rounds of cheap nasty Russian crap I can feed it before it quits.

I dont actually get up to Monroe a lot but I do have friends up there. It's kind of short on organized ranges.

You can shoot at Reiter if you go across to the other side of the power lines. Make sure you're on DNR property and not private. Also shoot safe with a good backstop and use paper targets, no trash....In the near future if all goes well it will become a ORV area and then there will no longer be shooting there. You can however shoot on any DNR forest land if you follow the rules listed above and check for local ordinances.

You can shoot at Reiter if you go across to the other side of the power lines. Make sure you're on DNR property and not private. Also shoot safe with a good backstop and use paper targets, no trash....In the near future if all goes well it will become a ORV area and then there will no longer be shooting there. You can however shoot on any DNR forest land if you follow the rules listed above and check for local ordinances.

So, no can's even If I take them back out with me? Okay, works for me. I haven't been up to Reiter, it kind of has a reputation from the people I know. I was definitely planning on being safe and finding a place with a proper backstop, and hauling my cases and targets out. Thanks for the info man!:s0155:

There used to be a place to shoot up on Ceder Ponds Road, but eventually got trashed with assorted TV's, computers, kitchen appliances and such, so believe it is shut down now...

I am interested as well, so tagging along to see the reponses. I am moving to Monroe in Jan, 2011.

What kind of shooting do you do, maybe we should hook up sometime.

jim (ironically we have the same name as well)

Everett Sportsman Club will be opened soon, you can shoot there. I need a shooting buddy too if anyone around here interested let me know

This place still open?

It only open when the weather is good.. but close most of the time. I like going there b/c they let me load 3 rounds to my gun at a time. Kenmore.. ONE at a time..
It is ironic that when I was in Los Angeles, those rifle ranges let me load as many round as I want, but the state bans the possession or use of High-Cap magazine and with the most forest fire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top