JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Feel free to give me a call. We have 5 digital lanes with a variety of moving targets, we can also set up CO2 and UTM swinging targets. No live fire at our facility due to how we train but I do have the ability to use the LEO deck of Clackamas Public Safety albeit it is hit-and-miss for its availability. The LEO deck has a moving target.

Thanks all. Im talking about coming home to find some jerk in my daughters bedroom---KIDDING. (Well, sort of) If someone were running from the sides and shooting at me, or was trying to kill someone else, etc. If running away and posing no threat of course I wouldn't shoot at them. I just never thought about it all these years until I was watching a video about guys shooting running pigs with night vision. You could see that their sites were WAY ahead of the pigs when they triggered, an I didn't expect a hit but the danged things died. Then I watched a video showing some real footage of cos and thugs shooting it out, and a bazillion shots went out without hits at running targets. I thought they were pretty incompetent but a sheriff friend said its a lot harder to hit a moving target with a pistol than most think. Hope it never comes to it but thought I should know what Im doing.

Feel free to give me a call. We have 5 digital lanes with a variety of moving targets, we can also set up CO2 and UTM swinging targets. No live fire at our facility due to how we train but I do have the ability to use the LEO deck of Clackamas Public Safety albeit it is hit-and-miss for its availability. The LEO deck has a moving target.
Wow thanks Ill be looking into this

Wow thanks Ill be looking into this
We have a 12 week course called "The Escalation of Defense". Check it out at Class: Escalation of Defense | Defensive Arts Center, Portland OR and look at the curriculum tab. There is a LOT of counter-ambush training in that one where you learn seriously practical skills you just can't do with live fire like the exercise called "shadow boxing with your gun" which trains gun control in a crowded and chaotic environment. Just started a course last week but if we get 5 to 10 people interested I can spin up a second evening in a couple of weeks. I seriously don't want to sound like a sales pitch but <soapbox> I'm very passionate about what we an how we train and want to make people aware. </soapbox>

Out in Yakima my youngest son and I would go out in the desert and blow up balloons and let them go. First one to shoot the balloon was the winner. Gets pretty windy out there. He was pretty good with the buckmark but once past 75 yards or so I'd dispatch them with the Colt 45. That's father and son time right there.
Shooting ranges...meh.

Last Edited:
Order up some "shooting balls" from Cabelas. About 5" diameter. Take them to your favorite shooting spot. Easy to roll and shoot by yourself.
We have a couple of them. Its fun to put them at 10-15 yds. As you hit them, they get further away and harder to hit. Sometimes, when I'm on my game, I can multiple hit and keep them rolling while I shoot.

Order up some "shooting balls" from Cabelas. About 5" diameter. Take them to your favorite shooting spot. Easy to roll and shoot by yourself.
We have a couple of them. Its fun to put them at 10-15 yds. As you hit them, they get further away and harder to hit. Sometimes, when I'm on my game, I can multiple hit and keep them rolling while I shoot.
Don't get the ball. Get the square. One good hit and that ball is packing it's bags and leaving.

IDPA match at tri county gun club. Challenging stages they set up every month. Moving targets and shooting on the move. First Saturday of the month. I'm signed up for the match next Saturday February 1st

This.

OP, if you have an IDPA club in your area that is all good practice at low cost. Our IDPA club, Grande Ronde Defensive Pistol Shooters has stages/scenarios that not only include shooting while moving forward, backward, sideways, but also at a target that is moving towards the shooter, simulating a knife attack. IMO, rarely would a (edit: "civilian") shooter need to fire on somebody that is moving away, unless they are moving to attack an innocent.

Id love to shoot that. I wish i was a pistol shooter!!!

Come on down... I'll shoot with ya!! I have a membership to LGRPC range and we have a separate range with pistol bays that is secluded and very low key. It's almost like having a private shooting spot. I have handguns you can use too.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top