JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get 2 things done.

1. Change the gas block.
2. Replace the buttstock with an adapter. VEPR 12 Folding Stock Adapter CSS VEPR 12 Buffer Tube M4

Already have the parts for both in hand. Thought I found a place for the work, but it seems to be falling through.

Any place within 1 to 1.5 hours of Portland metro would be awesome.

Is the gas block essentially a drop in part?

The buffer tube adapter looks drop in.

Why not DIY?

I've removed my Saiga gas block at least 3 times now, slowly opening the gas ports to assist cycling. Not hard thing to do. I'd imagine the vepr isn't much harder. Looks like two pins.

I'm looking to get 2 things done.

1. Change the gas block.
2. Replace the buttstock with an adapter. VEPR 12 Folding Stock Adapter CSS VEPR 12 Buffer Tube M4

Already have the parts for both in hand. Thought I found a place for the work, but it seems to be falling through.

Any place within 1 to 1.5 hours of Portland metro would be awesome.

Is the gas block essentially a drop in part?

The buffer tube adapter looks drop in.

Why not DIY?

I've removed my Saiga gas block at least 3 times now, slowly opening the gas ports to assist cycling. Not hard thing to do. I'd imagine the vepr isn't much harder. Looks like two pins.

Did you already swap out the puck and the gas regulator and still needed to rework the block?

Did you already swap out the puck and the gas regulator and still needed to rework the block?
Stock puck and 4 position plug. I SBSd it so there is not much dwell time. Opened the gas port holes by a significant amount. Cycles high brass now, still needs some tinkering with to get it 100%. It's been a fun project.

Stock puck and 4 position plug. I SBSd it so there is not much dwell time. Opened the gas port holes by a significant amount. Cycles high brass now, still needs some tinkering with to get it 100%. It's been a fun project.
That does sound fun. I hadn't checked until just recent whether or not we have SBS rights in Oregon; was glad to see so.

I have a Tac47 auto plug and a CSS puck for my Saiga. I haven't messed with anything with my Vepr yet, but I've not had the problems I had with my Saiga.

I haven't messed with anything with my Vepr yet, but I've not had the problems I had with my Saiga.

That's not a bad thing. Lot's of folks buy one, right out of the box try shooting underpowered ammo, then start messing with it only to learn that whatever they did messed up up. First thing to do is confirm it works 100 percent with the recommended ammo (ie 1300FPs -1-1/8 dram or better). THEN carefully change what they want to change. They are a fantastic shotgun though.....