JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marauder ,Lothar bbl; regulated. About 8-9 lbs. Holosun green dot on recvr rail.
One grey digger yesterday about 3-4 lb
Two today, about three lbs head shot from about 25yrds. Out of truck window ( music) using a crosman 14 gr. 22cal.
Pumped up w/Hatsun 4 stage hand pump to 2100psi took about 20 min. And was a workout esp. on the hands

I'm a night rat shooter on a budget. 58 yesrs in the Seatyle Tacoma area, then we moved to Hawaii Island. We have an acre and a chicken coop. Rats dneak in there at nigjt to est chicken food.
I use a cheap Daisy Model 880. It's a multi-pumper. Mayne not the best if you are taking 20 shots a night. But for 2-5 shots, it works just fine. I mount a small red led flashlight on to the Leapers 4x32 AO scope. The light makes the rat eyes glow brightly. 8 pumps shooting Crosman Premier Super Match wadcutters is devastating at 7-8 yards. Easy to pump and backyard friendly. The wadcutter hits like a flying sledge hammer. If I take a body shot, it makes a huge entry and exit hole.
Walmart will have the 880 in stock. Ama,on recently had them for $28.00. Easy to shoot well, and has it's own built in pump. No need for a compressor or air tank. You control the power and velocity by the number of pumps. Can use 3-10 pumps. Kills them just as dead as a $500 airgun. Fun to shoot and easy to work on too. Cheap parts direct from Daisy. I also have break barrels, a CO2 shooter, and other multi-pumpers. I prefer the multis.

21 grey diggers last year most with a Crosman Marauder .22
There diggers in Molino?!? You telling me I don't have to drive clear out to The Dalles?! About the same drive time. my uncle, cousin and I always do a May trip out to The Dalles for a grey digger trip. last year we got 219 confirmed in 3 days. Uncle was running his .30 FX Wildcat, cousin on his .22 RWS 34p and I on my .22 FX Wildcat. Uncle dumped a Yote in camp on day two 34yd out. Lol since then, I've moved onto a .22 Brocock Bantam Sniper HP. I need to get a silencer for it. It has a hell of a bark.

I'm a Pester from SW Washington and it's freaking lonely out here! Haha I have a few good permissions within SW Wa and NW Or. Like shooting rats? I got a permission for that. Nutria? Got ya covered! Pigeons, Starlings, HOSP and coyotes? When do you want to go? Lol I'm looking for people that share a common interest and above all, smart with the handling of their rifle.
I would love to join you for anything in NW Oregon. Nutria and pigeon sounds fun. I dont have an air rifle strong enough for coyote yet, I was thinking of getting that 45cal airforce texan, it seem like overkill but being able to hunt quietly at ranges way beyond my bow can handle would be cool.

Try the gold plated gaming pellets. I use a Gaming Bone Collector. 1400ft. Good groups that they never know goes right threw. Good luck whisperer!
Albert Lea? I almost drowned in a downpour there in 1978.
Almost. And very fortunately, you are far from the bulk of the nonsense.

For those who hate crows: Hang a few squirrel resistant feeders with seed intended to attract Steller's Jays. Much smaller than crows, but more aggressive, they chase crows away. Too bad they are lesser in number (yeah, they're noisy), and do migrate some.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 5.05.51 PM.png

Last Edited:
I hate starlings also..what type pellet gun do you shoot. Years ago I had a Benjamin pump,then a Sheridan now a gamo whisper(far from a whisper) I like its power and 1 pump action but I cant get it to shoot consistent. I put the back mount I the right hole but still. Frustrating..maybe I need a better scope
Have you tried using a Artillery Hold on your Gamo ? Google it and give it a try. Its simply a different holding pattern than what is a normal centerfire hold.
I have a Benjamin NP that shot all over the plce until I started holding it differently. If I squeeze/hold the forearm too tight, that rifle shoots everywhere ! LOL
Ive taken more starlings and tree rats than I can count but NEVER shoot song birds !

Have you tried using a Artillery Hold on your Gamo ? Google it and give it a try. Its simply a different holding pattern than what is a normal centerfire hold.
I have a Benjamin NP that shot all over the plce until I started holding it differently. If I squeeze/hold the forearm too tight, that rifle shoots everywhere ! LOL
Ive taken more starlings and tree rats than I can count but NEVER shoot song birds !

Solid advice on the Artillery Hold. My RWS and I had a battle of wits right after I purchased it. Come to find out, with the recoil being so damn violent, the artillery hold soothed it down so much.

I usually don't brag on myself......Butttttt, this one time.....really!! When I was living in The Dalles, Oregon , several permissions I had, The Gray Diggers ran scared. In one year I dropped over 750 diggers with my .22 Mrod, .22 Prod, .25 Mrod, .20 Talon SS, and even the .20 Blue Streak, and last but not least my .177 Rem NPSS
I thought that was very impressive, well the land owners did anyway!! Then I moved to Burns, Oregon, and on one permission in less than 3 months, I dropped 1008 yes one-thousand and eight sage rats! Mostly with the .20 TalonSS and the .22 Prod. The land owner, (when I told him about this) took a look at the Prod and hollered over to his son that was welding up a bumper, "look at this, he's shooting hundreds of rats with this pellet gun!!"
And that was just one of the permissions. Bragging is done.

Solid advice on the Artillery Hold. My RWS and I had a battle of wits right after I purchased it. Come to find out, with the recoil being so damn violent, the artillery hold soothed it down so much.
frankshootingfall2020a.jpg

My "modified artillery hold". Drilled/attached a rail, added a bipod, can shoot sub-1" at 25y open-sights all day single-handed. :)
(.22 mag)

My logic being, keep it consistent. Remove as many "variables" as ya can.

We have had problems with rats hitting up the bird feeder, and I really enjoy shooting them. It's not like waiting in the machan for the man eater(s) to attack the bait goat, but in the absence of something more exciting it'll have to do.
Love my .177 HW77K.

Shawn....you in grass valley. Anywhere near the track? I race spec Miata's out there. I need new areas to go shoot critters.
We have moved these past 4 months to Burns, but yes, the first blue house into town on the left, next to the rv park.
You can probably take out some diggers if you go on out that road past the track and follow it on around back to Moro.
I had a permission on the other end of town that I dropped a dozen sage rats a day. Mostly I didn't want the owner to chase me off for over kill. Most of those were 50 to 85 yard shots with the Condor SS in .25. My record shot on a rat was 156 lazered yards a couple of miles further out from the house in GV with my CondorSS in .25.

"Artillery hold and 84 yards was my best on a digger with my .20 Hw77K. There nice shooters"

A nice air rifle (i.e. something with a good trigger) is a great way to maintain rifle shooting skills when you can't shoot a real gun.

From the above quote - long range shooting skills.
-or-
1st shot from a cold bbl every day
-or-
a 3 or 5 shot group from Offhand every day
etc.
Yeah, I know - It's not like you can replicate rapid fire, but well executed rapid fire is just applying the same principles, but doing it quickly.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews