JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to pick up a trigger kit/assembly for my 10/22 tonight and all I'm finding are the standard Ruger BX trigger assemblies.

Do any of the small shops stock Volquartsen, Timney, or Kidd triggers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt any of the small shops are open tonight.

Read and heard very favorable reviews on the BX. That's probably the route I'd go if I started over with a new 10/22 (even though I don't much like the plastic). If it wasn't a significant upgrade, I'd pull it out and return it.

I put a nice $50 bag of VQ parts into mine several years ago and the trigger breaks beautifully, like an icicle. Haven't seen that kit since, only others for 3-5 times that much.

Will watch here with interest since I know a few other shooters who want to upgrade without doubling the price of their Rugers. I hope you get some useful feedback.

You could always head over to Brimstone Gunsmithing in Camas and get one of their 10/22 trigger jobs on your stock Ruger trigger group. I got their basic tier 3 trigger job and it's a very good trigger for the price of admission.

The internet and politicks have left brick and mortar stores mostly a bone yard of basic inventory. It is even worse for the doityourselfer looking for parts. For me, buying unseen (as in not being able to touch and feel) on the internet, usually ends up in major disappointment.
Coincide a good return policy with any new internet purchase adventure.

I saw a tactical solutions x-ring 10/22 receiver at keiths in Gresham. You can try them and see if they sell aftermarket triggers. I personally went with the tier 3 trigger job from brimstone.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

I went ahead and ordered a KIDD setup and I'm going to send my stock trigger kit to brimstone so I can compare the 2. Might see one of them pop up on the classifieds down the road!

Found a Jardin in my stash, but I see you've already got one on the way. Bought it, but I've never used it. I've owned most of the after market brands, and the Jardin is the nicest. And the most expensive.:eek: Ironically, I've owned a few of the BX triggers, and the last one is better than the previous ones.

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads