JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am currently getting ready to start P90x. The first time I started round one. I had changed my diet for about a month. I started what I termed a whole food diet. Nothing processed at all with the only exception being the gourmet vegitarian with chicked and bacon from Papa Murphys. I am Pizza addict and can't live with out it. I ended up haveing life happen and only made it through week 8 of round 1. Between school and kids I didn't have time to start back up again until early this summer, when I decided to start up with no preperation because I was feeling my wieght. I pushed myself so hard on the first workout that I ended up with a blood condition that put me in the hospital for a could days. The workout is crazy intense and I really had great results fast the first time I started P90x.

Right now I am currently working on my diet again preparing to start P90X in three or four weeks. I must admit I find Tony to be very annoying but I can deal. I am excited to get started again as I had some major set backs after my last attempt. I have been working on my push ups and pull ups for about a week now in preperation for that first workout. I started last week doing one pull up from standing arms slightly bent to three almost four full hanging pulls ups last night. Pust ups are still very sad I can do 12 to 15 good push ups. I remember the first time I started P90X, I went from three pull up max to 14 in eight weeks.

My favorite workout was PlyoX. I still remember after that first plyx workout. I was sore from head to toe and I had sore muscles that I didn't even know existed the next day. Even though I was sore head to toe I felt great, it was a interested feeling. I can't wait to start up again, however, I need to do the prep work first.

P90X is a butt kicker, but it is the funnest exercise program or routine I have ever tried.

Congrats on the pullups! I know those were always the bane of my workouts. I went from never doing one pullup (high school was terrible for me) to now being able to do 9 (double digits is my goal right now, 20 by the end of the year). Its one of those things that you only get better at by doing. I bought a pullup/leglift/dip stand. Best $100 I spent for fitness equipment

I'll try not to assume to much about your diet, but the worst thing you can do is changing your diet so drastically that your body can't adjust. It takes a while for your body to understand the changes in your diet and exercise. And most people who change their diets for "working out" usually end up starving themselves relative to all the physical activity they have added.

One eating tip I like to do is keep in mind when dining, if SHTF this moment, would I be able to run a simple mile with what I'm about to eat (this usually means burger but no fries or really small burger with small fries lol). Usually I end up going for something like a hearty bowl of soup and saving a sandwich or something small for later.

I've gone through p90x for about 6 weeks and it was great. I eventually got bored and switched to Insanity, but that was just too high impact for me although I still love insanity cardio. The best thing to do is to get rest and mix up the workouts, if you can find a sport or activity that will demand the need to be in better shape. Purpose driven goals help.

Best thing I can recommend are lunges (bulgarian, jumping, etc), squats (air, weighted, to the floor, launching), and pull-ups. These always make me feel stronger and help me in a variety of activities (sport and work related). Oh and stretch. I swear it seems like a million things to do, but just have to get into the habit of whenever there's a lull in the day to hit the deck and do some pushups and stretching. everything else will come naturally.

All I can say is give your body the right fuel, keep a strong mindset (14 scheduled workouts to make working out a habit and hopefully a habit a lifestyle), keep hydrated, and get lots of sleep.

Just remember, you gotta build the foundation before you build the house.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top