JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have done the workout off and on over the last couple years, but slack off and when I start to tip out at 200# plus I hit it again.

Just started back up this week. Never really got ripped but what a way to get into primo shape!

Im on my second P90x stint. Once back from Feb to May 2011 and now Jan to hopefully end of June 2012. It's such a good workout. I never got ripped either but slimming down and getting stronger, faster etc is fun.

It's an awesome workout routine but you need a decent base of fitness. Don't get discouraged if you can't keep up. "Just keep pushing play." If you do and give it serious effort something happens in week 10. It's like a switch gets thrown and you'll notice some serious strength and endurance gains. I noticed it when I took a mountain bike trail that has always kicked my butt - I crushed it - went from a 45 minute climb to 33 minutes, and that's after not biking at all during P90X. You'll either get a kick out of Tony or be annoyed. My wife hates him and I think he is a kick. ****Don't skip the yoga!!!***** - I hate it but it is the number one thing keeping me injury free.
I have bowflex select-tech dumbells and the pull up bar. You'll get addicted to the workouts in a love/hate kind of way!

You'll either get a kick out of Tony or be annoyed. My wife hates him and I think he is a kick. ****Don't skip the yoga!!!***** - I hate it but it is the number one thing keeping me injury free.!

+1! My wife hates Tony and his dumb remarks but it keeps things lite! Also be sure to do the Yoga! It ties everything together.

The only equipment that I have that is essential are my free weights and Vibram 5-finger toe shoes!

My wife and I are starting our second round of P90X. Yoga kicks my butt. I think it's the hardest workout, but it's really helpful. I can't imagine not doing it. We've got a mix of resistance bands and dumbbells and will probably be putting in a chinup bar soon. I can't say I love P90X, but it's been great for us. So, I guess I love it, but I hate it, as Tony would say.

I've always wondered if you can do the system without the chin bar, and without being able to do a chin up. So what say you?

If you get some resistance bands, yes. We use a resistance band looped over a garage door rail and do pull downs. You can build most of the muscle groups that way. Then as you build strength and can get a chin bar you can use a chair to help you up and down until you can do them without help. Also, the chinups are done in a few of the workouts, so if you have some physical problem that prevents that motion, you could always do the rest of the workouts and find some other exercise to substitute for those movements.

I am 60 years young and have done the program off and on for the last 9 months. Went from 190+ to 175. I purchased a cheap soloflex machine and use it for pull-ups, I use a chair to help. If you have the bands you could use those. And you simply modify the routine to your level of fitness. A pull-up is not required, but you will after a few routines.
Ted in Salem, Oregon

If you get some resistance bands, yes. We use a resistance band looped over a garage door rail and do pull downs. You can build most of the muscle groups that way. Then as you build strength and can get a chin bar you can use a chair to help you up and down until you can do them without help. Also, the chinups are done in a few of the workouts, so if you have some physical problem that prevents that motion, you could always do the rest of the workouts and find some other exercise to substitute for those movements.

Physical problem? Yeah, triceps and lats like a 14 year old girl. ;)

What kind of resistance bands? Are there any that can make you pull a decent amount of force? I have some resistance bands, but they were from some p/t I did, and you can stretch them by glaring at them.

I've always wondered if you can do the system without the chin bar, and without being able to do a chin up. So what say you?

Sure you can. Just use some resistant bands anchored to the top of a door or ideally to the ceiling. Form is everything, though.
FWIW if you use the chin bar you can use the resistant bands as an assist - wrap them around the chin up bar and then put your feet into the handles. You can usually get a few more chin ups out of a set that way.

Glad this thread got picked back up. I've been a lazy slob for the past year!

I've heard great things about it. I've been doing Insanity, which is also by Beachbody. It's been killing me, but it's great to see the progress and find out just how out of shape you really are. Just because you can spend an hour on an elliptical and barely break a sweat does NOT mean you're in shape, as I found out :)

My girl and I started a few weeks ago and we both have had great results. I feel much stronger than before and I wasn't too aware until I had a task in the garage. I am working on a street bike and before p90 I had to lift the front end up to support it on jack stands and what a sign I was out of shape. And this weekend it was time to take it off the jack stands and I didn't struggle one bit and we both said "wow" in reference to how easy it was for me. lol. We both have way more energy and actually enjoy the p90x now. Tony annoys us both but we just make the best of it and laugh at him. Also, we got a decent chin up bar at walmart for pretty cheap too.

I am currently getting ready to start P90x. The first time I started round one. I had changed my diet for about a month. I started what I termed a whole food diet. Nothing processed at all with the only exception being the gourmet vegitarian with chicked and bacon from Papa Murphys. I am Pizza addict and can't live with out it. I ended up haveing life happen and only made it through week 8 of round 1. Between school and kids I didn't have time to start back up again until early this summer, when I decided to start up with no preperation because I was feeling my wieght. I pushed myself so hard on the first workout that I ended up with a blood condition that put me in the hospital for a could days. The workout is crazy intense and I really had great results fast the first time I started P90x.

Right now I am currently working on my diet again preparing to start P90X in three or four weeks. I must admit I find Tony to be very annoying but I can deal. I am excited to get started again as I had some major set backs after my last attempt. I have been working on my push ups and pull ups for about a week now in preperation for that first workout. I started last week doing one pull up from standing arms slightly bent to three almost four full hanging pulls ups last night. Pust ups are still very sad I can do 12 to 15 good push ups. I remember the first time I started P90X, I went from three pull up max to 14 in eight weeks.

My favorite workout was PlyoX. I still remember after that first plyx workout. I was sore from head to toe and I had sore muscles that I didn't even know existed the next day. Even though I was sore head to toe I felt great, it was a interested feeling. I can't wait to start up again, however, I need to do the prep work first.

P90X is a butt kicker, but it is the funnest exercise program or routine I have ever tried.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top