JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A source for used gear is the Rickreal Ham Swap. Unfortunately it's not until October. A very basic 2 meter mobile rig that would run 25 watts is a good way to start and you can probably find a good used one for under $125 or less if you don't mind a unit that is a few years old. Old radios are like old guns, they work the same but may not have all the bells and whistles as the newest model. Rickreal: http://www.swaptoberfest.net/

I just confirmed about the tests being given in Hillsboro on the 4th of July. I am on the list to take the tech test. Read the book through once, taken the test several times a night online during the past few weeks, looks like I am ready to go.:s0155:

I've been a ham for over 25 years and in a emergency it has been very useful like when the cell towers go down i.e. ice storm, snow storms. I have neighbors seek me out to make calls out for them.

I got my tech license last year, I just need some practical experience. I only have Yaesu handhelds at this point. KF7YWU.

Join OTTVARC -- the local ham club (if you aren't a member already). Get with someone who knows the ham experience, a good "Elmer" who can help you out. If you just want to talk to other people check out the WIN System of repeaters. And if you are up around 11PM PT, you can listen in on the Insomniac Net.

OTTVARC -- OTVARC HOME
Win System Repeaters -- Winsystem

Sodbuster

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads