JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked this one up at a local gun show back on 6/4/18. It is an early Howa, serial number less than 150. Very well made, the Howa rifles were the best made and least produces, less than 3000 of them.

AR180E.jpg

AR180B.jpg

AR180A.jpg

AR180D.jpg

AR180H.jpg

I'm a former owner of two different 3 digit serial numbered Costa Mesa guns owned 30 years apart!

Those rifles were waaaaay ahead of their time. If they would have continued to develop and be supported like the AR-15 I think they would have eclipsed it.

The original mid-length, piston driven, folding stock, railed AR!

Have a couple of the newer model AR-180B, one unfired, the other barely fired (under 100 rounds). In case anyone's interested, I'm open to selling at fair market price. Like the originals, just too many ARs in the corral.

I've got a Sterling made AR-180 with the factory scope and sling. Just under 100 rds through it.
I have been actively collection the original 40 rd Sterling magazines as they are getting harder to find and the prices keep going up every year.

I've got a Sterling made AR-180 with the factory scope and sling. Just under 100 rds through it.
I have been actively collection the original 40 rd Sterling magazines as they are getting harder to find and the prices keep going up every year.

I wish Magpul would make mags for it.

You can easily adapt metal AR 15 mags to work. All you need to do is enlarge the mag catch hole a little bit.
I would practice with an old beater magazine to learn on first.

The wedge style scope mount is very unique and works perfectly in keeping the scope zeroed in.

Picture was taken from the interweb.

DSCF4868.jpg

Last Edited:
A guy in Colorado bought a bunch of original Sterling 40 rd magazines from an estate sale and they were all mint in wrapper.
I bought six of them and he sure knew what he had, as he didn't give them away.

About 40 years ago I got to fire one belonging to a guy at the range. I was impressed with the ergonomics and accuracy of it. It was the only non-boney folding stock I've ever fired. It made my want list that day. Sadly, the curves of my disposable income and AR180 prices had opposite slopes for the ensuing years :(

Been a long time fan of the AR-180, but sadly let a few slip through my fingers! I'm finally picked up a "Kit" through Nodak-Spud for a "B" model with a modified lower that takes AR-16 Mags! Also picked up all the parts needed, but have yet to assemble it!

Been a long time fan of the AR-180, but sadly let a few slip through my fingers! I'm finally picked up a "Kit" through Nodak-Spud for a "B" model with a modified lower that takes AR-16 Mags! Also picked up all the parts needed, but have yet to assemble it!
What are you waiting for? It won't build itself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top