JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use various vortex on most of my rifles from .22 to .223 to .30-30, and can see golf balls at 200-300 yards with only minimal difficulty. great warranty, and if you buy the old version of a recently updated model, or find a good sale, you can find them for less than similar scopes of cheaper brands.

-Mike

Can also try the Diamondback model that came out with First Focal Plane.

I have the 4-16 version and really like it.

Can also try the Diamondback model that came out with First Focal Plane.

I have the 4-16 version and really like it.

Have you had he opportunity to use the 4 x 16 at targets, such as coyotes at 200-300 years, and the 16 power or less work fine; or would the higher power version be better. I'd think the 6 power might be a handicap at close in targets? Thanks.

Have you had he opportunity to use the 4 x 16 at targets, such as coyotes at 200-300 years, and the 16 power or less work fine; or would the higher power version be better. I'd think the 6 power might be a handicap at close in targets? Thanks.

My take on the two power optics:

The 6-24 when zoomed in cuts off part of the reticle. This doesn't happen on the 4-16x, which is one reason I went with the 4-16.

The crosshairs are so fine on this optic, I can almost split a bullet hole on paper with the 6.5CM at 200y.

I don't shoot animals much... last one was about 3 years ago as it's not much my thing.

Downside: eye relief is similar to the Viper line that I have but not as generous and forgiving as the Crossfire II optics I have on some smaller calibers.

I'd buy another one in 4-16x if I needed another precision optic.

I try not to go much more than 4x as the base magnification on any optic.

Agreed. My AR has a Crossfire II 4-12x44 dead hold BDC reticle. No problems at all with golf balls and tennis balls at 200-300 yards. I keep it at 4 power for most anything up to 100 yards, bump it up sometimes for 150 yards, and only max it to 12 power when I'm have plinking games shooting the battleship targets or some such with my friends. At that point, if you can get on target, it's just not even fair, that is a purely ridiculous scope for an AR, and I love it:s0114:
Eye relief is about 4 inches which is just about perfect for me.

Ended up buying Vortex Diamond Back 4-16 x 44 tactical for $340. Will be mounted on 22 250.

I had purchased a Nikon Black 4 x 16 x 50 weeks ago and mounted on Weatherby Vangurd 308 shot with blue box federal 150 grain ammo producing clover leaf, dime size groups at 100 yards today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top